Smalltown USA

critical jim

2 hours ago, zoeyflower said:

How did you add that fireplace? I've been dying to add those to my buildings but they along with other things like the entire Mall tileset are just a bunch of red question marks.

Also I kinda like how you're making it look just like West Point it's refreshing from all the new location / new state / new country maps with those crazy buildings (as in good crazy of course) it's like you're giving us a kinda different and (much?) bigger version of West Point with the developers art and building style along with a bit of your own flavor?

I had some issues with this too. If you've not downloaded the new tileset from may 2015 you'll have to do that. I think I just googled it. If you have them, in the building editor you need to go to building/tiles...

there's a button in that window that says "tilesets..."

from there, find your new tilesets and add them all.

my goal is to make probably a 1.5x to 2x bigger downtown area than West Point, but probably won't go too crazy with suburbs. Another focus is creating subtle chokepoints/bottlenecks within the downtown area. I will probably change the town hall some more, and maybe compare some similar buildings like the new courthouse in Rosewood, and create something original but familiar. It's always been my favourite building, just as downtown West Point has always been my favourite place, but if I do eventually put it out there, then I suppose I should cater to others somewhat and make something new and worthwhile. In the end though, this map is for me, so if it doesn't have that same nostalgic, white bread, middle American feel that WP has, it just isn't worth my free time. 

32 minutes ago, critical jim said:

I had some issues with this too. If you've not downloaded the new tileset from may 2015 you'll have to do that. I think I just googled it. If you have them, in the building editor you need to go to building/tiles...

there's a button in that window that says "tilesets..."

from there, find your new tilesets and add them all.

my goal is to make probably a 1.5x to 2x bigger downtown area than West Point, but probably won't go too crazy with suburbs. Another focus is creating subtle chokepoints/bottlenecks within the downtown area. I will probably change the town hall some more, and maybe compare some similar buildings like the new courthouse in Rosewood, and create something original but familiar. It's always been my favourite building, just as downtown West Point has always been my favourite place, but if I do eventually put it out there, then I suppose I should cater to others somewhat and make something new and worthwhile. In the end though, this map is for me, so if it doesn't have that same nostalgic, white bread, middle American feel that WP has, it just isn't worth my free time. 

Thanks for telling me about the new tiles.

Also, your idea is awesome and I hope you follow through with doing this.

I really don't want to insult any of the other custom maps as they're awesome, but they all have the non-zomboid feel in the sense of not being in the style of the devs original game, I would definitely download your map and actually play on it if it's basically 'just' a bigger version of an original location that has buildings in the exact style and look of the original buildings :)

• 1 month later...