Character saves serverside or any other anti back-up

Wasteland

I have been running my private server for a while now and the biggest problem with is - is actually chaters!

By cheating i mean cloning items and removing wounds by making a clear character backup and then loading it in case if anything is hapening. 

That really breaks the game for everyone and makes somehow and additional job for admin to track those cheaters. 

Will there be any official solution like making character saves serverside or any other fix that will not let players copy/paste their characters?

This should be fixed in Build 35. There are several options that need to be enabled to make this so -- transaction IDs and the whitelist.

To have serverside saves, the game needs to be rewritten if it's to be effective. Right now, most logic is carried out on the player's computer, rather than the server. Having saves server-side won't change this, unfortunately.

Too bad they can't just let the players keep the map bins only and have the server upload the files that actually store player data to the players on login.

Player data: Stats/Stored Items/Location.

If that is too hard could a script be made to work with the new tools that keeps track of players and just reapply the correct items/stats on log in if there is a difference?

That way on connect the player would get whatever was stored on the server and not only what was stored on the server.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2016 at 6:22 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

This should be fixed in Build 35. There are several options that need to be enabled to make this so -- transaction IDs and the whitelist.

To have serverside saves, the game needs to be rewritten if it's to be effective. Right now, most logic is carried out on the player's computer, rather than the server. Having saves server-side won't change this, unfortunately.

Will these "Fixes" of transaction ID's prevent reloading of characters who glitch and have corrupt saves?

I lost a character this week to my New Operating system deciding to autoupdate my driver, causing me to crash BSOD into the old "Thread stuck in device driver". After fixing it back up, the save was corrupted. I have seen you suggesting to people to back up their saves because of corrupt saves being a possibility with a crash.

But realistically, that is how most people cheat. By backing up their saves. But some of us just legit use it because we don't want to lose a character who lasted a year on multiplayer to a BSOD

Archived