Moving Doors and a Use for Screws

Demonic_Kat

So I was laying in bed last night and a thought ran across my mind: "When putting a door together, you don't use nails to put the hinges on, you use screws."

I think by giving the door a "dismantle" option with a screwdriver in your inventory, you should be granted a door, two hinges, a door handle, and a few screws. All of these could also drop broken versions, planks and scrap metal, depending on how high your carpentry level is and how the D20 rolls.

This would give screws a use in building doors, give players a chance to use the type of door they wanted for aesthetic reasons, and also drop scrap metal for use in the metal crafting (currently in IWBUMS).

• 1 month later...

In fact, in real life, if your building something like fences, barricades or even buildings then screws are what you'd use, nails are not so great in construction... maybe the use for nails could be instead of nails for a small 'hp' boost to the built thing.  That would be more realistic, also it would be less noisy than hammering but much slower.

I'm not sure about the part

On 11/10/2016 at 5:01 PM, Demonic_Kat said:

I think by giving the door a "dismantle" option with a screwdriver in your inventory, you should be granted a door, two hinges, a door handle, and a few screws. All of these could also drop broken versions, planks and scrap metal, depending on how high your carpentry level is and how the D20 rolls.

Any halfwit with a screwdriver could take off a door even whenever you've never done it before, I took the door off my room and replaced it and i can tell you i can barely saw a plank :P

5 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

Any halfwit with a screwdriver could take off a door even whenever you've never done it before, I took the door off my room and replaced it and i can tell you i can barely saw a plank :P

Yeah, but anybody could also drop the door, bend the screws, bend the hinges, and dent the handles.

I don't think the chance of breaking a door in real life is very high. For one you don't have to worry about zombies eating your brains while trying to take one off. I do think that a chance to break would give a player more reason to play. If you broke the door you wanted, you would have to go find another one.

2 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

Yeah, but anybody could also drop the door, bend the screws, bend the hinges, and dent the handles.

I don't think the chance of breaking a door in real life is very high. For one you don't have to worry about zombies eating your brains while trying to take one off. I do think that a chance to break would give a player more reason to play. If you broke the door you wanted, you would have to go find another one.

I mean I guess but heres the thing, have you ever taken off a door or door hinge? I couldn't break a door hinge or bend it if I slammed it against the wall repeadetly, harder to bend a screw than a nail, and dropping a door is probably going to do more damage to the house than the door lol(I speak from experience)