Foods and Spices Mod (make your own food mod)

kinyoshi

Adds more food!!

By itself all this mod does is spawn jars, new water bottles and food.

Everything else needs to be spawned by another foods mod.

Includes spices that do not spawn and require foods mods to be built off of this mod that spawn their required spices so that only needed spices are spawned... If you want to make a food recipes mod using my Spices mod, and need a little help making it work, look at my little tutorial HERE. Spice spawning will now be up to specific foods mods which use those spices.

Some stuff still uses vanilla sprites, will make sprites soon.

See this for sprites:

nx12Lfw.gif

Food: (Spawned by default, can be added to by modders foods mods)

Frozen Brussel Sprouts

Canned Beets

Canned Chicken

Canned Sardines

Celery Stalk

Cucumbers

Chunky Peanut Butter

Green Papaya

Green Tomato

Herring

Honey

Leeks

Maple Syrup

Molasses

Papaya

Fish Sauce

Frozen Pot Pie

Frozen Scallions

Frozen Shrimp

Raisins

Red Chili Peppers

Robomango Fruit (named for RoboMat :D)

Soy Sauce

Frozen Sugar Snap Peas

Tobascant Sauce

Tamarind

Teriyaki Sauce

Tomatillo

Warcestershire Sauce

Water Bottles (the new bottles and jars can be filled with water)

White Chocolate

Other Items: (Spawned by default, can be added to by modders foods mods)

Mason Jars

Medical Salve (Think Neosporin)

Spice Bags (only added to spawn list so you can carry stuff in them :D)

Spice Related Items: (These do not spawn and require foods mods to be made that spawn them.)

Brown Sugar

Fish Oil

Kibbled Nori (made from Nori Sheets)

Kosher Salt

Nori Sheet

Mortar and Pestle (To grind up spices and other stuff)

Cooking Oils (Canola, Olive and Vegetable)

Petrolatum Jelly

Powdered Sugar

Spice Jars for Spices (Spice list coming soon)

Spices (for baking, cooking, bbqing, and other styles)

Vinegars (Balsamic, Cider, Distilled, Malt, Rice Wine, Red Wine and White Wine)

(Spice list coming soon, for modders, check the source-code to see the spices you can spawn)

Download: Main (PZ-Mods) || Mirror (My Dropbox)

Foods Mods That Use This Mod For Spices:

(Links to other foods mods that use this mod will go here.)

Items and Recipes Tutorials For Foods and Spices Mod kinyoshi (Spice up TV Dinners with some Black Pepper)

Zombie Body Part Alchemy Mod kinyoshi (Grind up zombie parts to make a partial cure)

Salted Meats Mod kinyoshi (Salt meats to make them last longer)

Edited by kinyoshi

Nice mod man never thought of this for Project Zommoid but your doing a great job ill make sure in my food category to not use spices

You can use my spices mod to make a foods mod :)

Edit: Added the versions I'm testing at the moment. Some things are not right, like the jar amounts, did this for testing :P

Edited by kinyoshi

• 2 weeks later...

i really like this mod, may even incorperate it into my Extended Foods mod, but most of the spices and ingrediants you add are not those most people would have stocked. Is it possible you can make a varient of this mod to where most of these items included here would only show in places like restaurants? i personally play PZ on Sandbox with Item rarity set to abundant (i mean lets face it, with a town of 3300+ persons with all of them still present, there's no reason for there not being an over abundance of loot lying around). The only problem i have with this mod (its not a negative, just something i find odd) is that even when playing with loot rarity set to rare, far too many of the spices and such spawn into the world, a ridiculous ammount on abundant, like literally...

But as i've mentioned most people dont use these items in cooking, i can understand items like vanilla, nutmeg, vinegar, cinnamon, seasoning salt, garlic salt, and small handful of others showing up in homes, but not most of the items you have in the mod. If the items could be distributed more realistically, it would give the player a means to put effort into getting a hold of the spices to crafter better foods with better effects (the purpose of my mod). I can see these items being most commonly found at the grocer and mini-mart(brain-farting right now so i cant remember if there is one) and food establishments, and maybe at one of the storage facilities(probably not both if possible). of course a small number being uncommon or rare in homes/appartments.

I really do like this mod a lot and i can see it playing a great role in my own food mod, still planning recipies though and i may need a full list of the times included in this mod to effectively do so if you can provide one?

i really like this mod, may even incorperate it into my Extended Foods mod, but most of the spices and ingrediants you add are not those most people would have stocked. Is it possible you can make a varient of this mod to where most of these items included here would only show in places like restaurants? i personally play PZ on Sandbox with Item rarity set to abundant (i mean lets face it, with a town of 3300+ persons with all of them still present, there's no reason for there not being an over abundance of loot lying around). The only problem i have with this mod (its not a negative, just something i find odd) is that even when playing with loot rarity set to rare, far too many of the spices and such spawn into the world, a ridiculous ammount on abundant, like literally...

But as i've mentioned most people dont use these items in cooking, i can understand items like vanilla, nutmeg, vinegar, cinnamon, seasoning salt, garlic salt, and small handful of others showing up in homes, but not most of the items you have in the mod. If the items could be distributed more realistically, it would give the player a means to put effort into getting a hold of the spices to crafter better foods with better effects (the purpose of my mod). I can see these items being most commonly found at the grocer and mini-mart(brain-farting right now so i cant remember if there is one) and food establishments, and maybe at one of the storage facilities(probably not both if possible). of course a small number being uncommon or rare in homes/appartments.

I really do like this mod a lot and i can see it playing a great role in my own food mod, still planning recipies though and i may need a full list of the times included in this mod to effectively do so if you can provide one?

I set the spawn amounts to a-lot right now, just to test everything out, and to let others use everything. When I finally finish this (not WIP) then the spawn amounts will be greatly reduced and will be more realistic, with very common, common, less common, rare, very rare spawns.

Restaurants will have the more rarer spices. Still trying to not have spices spawn in trash cans :P.

Edit: Thank you for making a mod that will end up using my spices :)

Should the vinegars be drinkable?

At some point before it's not WIP anymore, I will make a complete list of the spices and stuff, I'm still planning on adding more foodstuffs and some spices.

Edited by kinyoshi

I'll admit i hadn't thought about the item frequency to be part of testing, glad you've done that, if anything, i think that should be an option thing, having a high spawn frequency version of your mod so modders can gain easy access to items, then of course the realistic version. Really like the idea of very common, common, less common, rare, very rare spawns, should that be implimented i'll be building recipes around that.

Though while listing some recipes that will be dependant on your mod, a certain though came to me. How in the text files will i get my recipies to use items from your mod? (programming isn't my best skill, but i'm glad this mod is super easy to code)

For example:

recipe Make DeluxePancakes   {      Flour/PancakeMix,      Egg,      WaterBottleFull/WaterPopBottle/WaterBowl,      Butter,      Vanila,      Notmeg,      Pan,      Result:DeluxePancakes,      Time:90.0,   }

How would i get my mod or game to read Vanila and Nutmeg from your mod to be used with mine?

(i'll be making a seperate file for recipies using Food/Spice content)

EDIT::

about your question of drinkable vinegars...

• White-Distilled Vinegar  (----Hungar,----Thirst,----Hapiness,----Boredum/Depression,----Fatigue)

If you decided to do so, this seems about right :3

Edited by lance789

Though while listing some recipes that will be dependant on your mod, a certain though came to me. How in the text files will i get my recipies to use items from your mod? (programming isn't my best skill, but i'm glad this mod is super easy to code)

For example:

recipe Make DeluxePancakes   {      Flour/PancakeMix,      Egg,      WaterBottleFull/WaterPopBottle/WaterBowl,      Butter,      Vanila,      Notmeg,      Pan,      Result:DeluxePancakes,      Time:90.0,   }

How would i get my mod or game to read Vanila and Nutmeg from your mod to be used with mine?

(i'll be making a seperate file for recipies using Food/Spice content)

Guess I should have linked to my other post about how to do this :P.

Another problem, You can only (currently) have four items in the crafting recipes so you would have to split the recipe up a little, look at the brine starter recipes in my pickling mod. I'll post a little later here how to do that.

vanilla is KMImitationVanilla, nutmeg is KMGroundNutmeg.

Edited by kinyoshi

• 1 month later...

Where do I place the sprites? I am currently running the game through steam and have no problems with most mods I try by manually adding them. However I can not seem to get the sprites in the right place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I don't have the Steam version so I cannot test it.. I really have no idea where they are supposed to go.. with 2.9.9.16 the sprites go in the base PZ folder, if they don't work in there for the steam version then I have no clue until the stable releases on Desura..

I apologize for not being much help.

Where do I place the sprites? I am currently running the game through steam and have no problems with most mods I try by manually adding them. However I can not seem to get the sprites in the right place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I don't have the Steam version so I cannot test it.. I really have no idea where they are supposed to go.. with 2.9.9.16 the sprites go in the base PZ folder, if they don't work in there for the steam version then I have no clue until the stable releases on Desura..

I apologize for not being much help.

Okay thank you for the response I will keep working on it and will let you guys know if I figure it out.

• 1 month later...

Some sprites I have been working on. All are edited vanilla sprites.

nx12Lfw.gif

Love the sprite edits, if you would like I can try and make up some custom sprites for you, also is it me or dose the green tomato kinda look like it has a creeper face on it, just a thought.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...