Rosewood Residents

nasKo

It's seriously frustrating that a fireaxe or any sharp weapon actually has the same dumb swinging til they're dead bullshit that every other game has, I'm hoping the animation update atleast adds in special combat for sharp weapons like when you hit a zombie with a fireaxe they always instantly die but a kill takes like 2 seconds for the animation where you see him slamming the axe into the skull and then kicking the zombie off, if we get the same generic gamey swing-the-axe-to-the-rotten-decomposed-face-9-times-til-theyre-dead shit I'll be thoroughly disappointed especially after like 5 polar cap meltdowns of waiting and "we're working on it" 's I still cant wait for it and check the mondoids daily and am pumped but I just want you to know that I'd be way less pumped if fireaxes have the exact same combat as blunt weapons just with more damage. 

Will we at least get cool special killing animations for sharp weapons like the fireaxe?

20 hours ago, zoeyflower said:

It's seriously frustrating that a fireaxe or any sharp weapon actually has the same dumb swinging til they're dead bullshit that every other game has, I'm hoping the animation update atleast adds in special combat for sharp weapons like when you hit a zombie with a fireaxe they always instantly die but a kill takes like 2 seconds for the animation where you see him slamming the axe into the skull and then kicking the zombie off, if we get the same generic gamey swing-the-axe-to-the-rotten-decomposed-face-9-times-til-theyre-dead shit I'll be thoroughly disappointed especially after like 5 polar cap meltdowns of waiting and "we're working on it" 's I still cant wait for it and check the mondoids daily and am pumped but I just want you to know that I'd be way less pumped if fireaxes have the exact same combat as blunt weapons just with more damage. 

Will we at least get cool special killing animations for sharp weapons like the fireaxe?

Might be better in the suggestions forum?

IMO though the way it is is fine, getting an axe lodged for 2 secs in every zombie is going to get you dead pretty quick. It would be really neat if it were an accidental thing whereby a bad swing gets lodged, and you choose between pulling it out while the horde closes in or letting it go and having the zed shamble back into the horde with your axe.

1 hour ago, trombonaught said:

Might be better in the suggestions forum?

IMO though the way it is is fine, getting an axe lodged for 2 secs in every zombie is going to get you dead pretty quick. It would be really neat if it were an accidental thing whereby a bad swing gets lodged, and you choose between pulling it out while the horde closes in or letting it go and having the zed shamble back into the horde with your axe.

No, I don't want to play yet another boring game where all you do with every single melee weapon on earth is the same boring generic swing to the side and repeat it a few million times until your victim is dead.

22 hours ago, zoeyflower said:

I'm hoping the animation update atleast adds in special combat for sharp weapons like when you hit a zombie with a fireaxe they always instantly die but a kill takes like 2 seconds for the animation where you see him slamming the axe into the skull and then kicking the zombie off.

That would be an interesting twist to the game. I like it.

7 hours ago, Geras said:

That would be an interesting twist to the game. I like it.

IM GLAD! It would be like the knife kills we got right now where you always get an instant kill on the zombie and you have this quick special animation where you grab the top of the zombies head and jam the knife into its jaw, it would be like that with axes and machetes but with a different more appropriate animation. 

4 hours ago, zoeyflower said:

IM GLAD! It would be like the knife kills we got right now where you always get an instant kill on the zombie and you have this quick special animation where you grab the top of the zombies head and jam the knife into its jaw, it would be like that with axes and machetes but with a different more appropriate animation. 

Man i would love to see that too, i just love that motion of the axe going over your head into the target like this: