Survivors Mod

nolanri

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry for my english. I donwload last version and have problem with instalation this mod on 34.28 build. After meeting the survivor, he stands still and does nothing and is killed. 

Edited by cold

I have another problem - it crashes the game:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 0
    at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:635)
    at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:411)
    at zombie.core.input.Input.getAxisCount(Input.java:844)
    at zombie.input.JoypadManager$Joypad.isRTPressed(JoypadManager.java:100)
    at zombie.input.JoypadManager.isRTPressed(JoypadManager.java:694)
    at zombie.characters.IsoPlayer.update(IsoPlayer.java:2463)
    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessObjects(IsoCell.java:1353)
    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:4659)
    at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2534)
    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1273)
    at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:630)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1233)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1015)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:177)

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: (Requires UPDATE Zombie.zip)
- Big performance boost, higher fps, less slow down, less lag etc
- Fixed moodles bug
- Fixed common pathfind error making survivors not able to move sometimes
- Fixed Necroforge gltich
- Fixed Survivor sometimes misjudging thier own attack range
- You can now Die as a controlled survivor without losing your save or the game exiting. But If your MAIN character dies, whether you controlling him or not, game will end.
- Survivors now have a chance to flee rather than attack a zombie depending on their panic level AND how many zombies are near by, ie more panic and or zombies means less chance survivor will try to attack, more chance they will run or avoid

This is really a game changing mod: I love it. Please keep tweaking it! Anyway, how do you think that this happened? How would NPCs cause a fire to break out? =\  This is Bedford and it *looks* like the fire came from the SE, but there's mainly forest that way. I was staying up in the mall security station but had to move because of this. Lol

NPC pyros.jpg

Edited by wanderinbilly

10 hours ago, wanderinbilly said:

This is really a game changing mod: I love it. Please keep tweaking it! Anyway, how do you think that this happened? How would NPCs cause a fire to break out? =\  This is Bedford and it *looks* like the fire came from the SE, but there's mainly forest that way. I was staying up in the mall security station but had to move because of this. Lol

NPC pyros.jpg

Yeah there are some rare survivors that fight with torch and gasoline causing the target they hit to catch on fire

• 1 month later...

All right, so here's my problem. I can't get the mod to download via the Workshop and I've tried the direct download method, but nothing works. So is there any other way for me to use this mod? I've been eyeing it for a long time now, wishing to play it...

Addendum : Got the mod working. Thanks. 

Edited by kekiev15

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried this mod during the week-end, on the vehicle test beta. It's fun but some things are strange :

-when I take control of a survivor, the camera stay centered around the main character. Even the fog of war remains the same. Also pressing "Esc" does not return me to the main character.

-The wife started whining about food, so I dropped some cans on the ground. She was "hungry (33)" and ate all 3 cans, and now she is still hungry (25)... Looks like she can not go under 25 hunger, and will simply eat anything I can throw at her :P, resulting in a huge waste of food.

Is this because of incompatible version ? (Playing Vehicles test  beta)

On 2017-07-20 at 1:40 AM, 956Texas said:

Nolan, I want to add preplaced npcs in a specific area, do i need to have the coordinates only? Also is it possible to just copy a pre exististing one and rename it to what i want? 

Take a look at the lua/client/prespawns.lua file.  you can copy a line that defines a preset survivor, then change the coordinates and anything else you like.

Edited by nolanri

23 hours ago, EvaN said:

I've tried this mod during the week-end, on the vehicle test beta. It's fun but some things are strange :

-when I take control of a survivor, the camera stay centered around the main character. Even the fog of war remains the same. Also pressing "Esc" does not return me to the main character.

-The wife started whining about food, so I dropped some cans on the ground. She was "hungry (33)" and ate all 3 cans, and now she is still hungry (25)... Looks like she can not go under 25 hunger, and will simply eat anything I can throw at her :P, resulting in a huge waste of food.

Is this because of incompatible version ? (Playing Vehicles test  beta)

Before, I had made the control survivor via Java, because dev team gave me a copy of IsoPlayer.class file. tho that file is now outdated, and its too much trouble to ask for the new one every time it changes.  so now its all made via lua, the downside is that some features were lost during this change, such as the "Full control" option.  you can still control them slightly but prespective will remain on your main character.

when survivor eats, it is a timed action, same as the player, so if you drop 3 foods at a survivors feet, much food will be wasted as they will start eating a 2nd food before they even finished the first food.  Just give them food 1 at a time with some time inbetween foods.