Indestructible Walls and Doors

Strats

This suggestion has come to me as I've been exploring the prison. In the new prison area, there is a gun room that can easily be accessed when you first enter the area. Clearing the prison and other areas like it should be a challenge, not easily grabbed guns. I've also noticed that metal bar doors can be broken down easily with an ax. My suggestion is that certain walls and doors in-game be indestructible by sledgehammer or ax due to their nature. For example, a gun room in a prison would be heavily secured, so the walls and doors would be reinforced. Thus, the player must find a key instead of just using brute force. Jail cells could be used for their intended purpose instead of being easy to break out of. Thoughts?

11 hours ago, Strats said:

This suggestion has come to me as I've been exploring the prison. In the new prison area, there is a gun room that can easily be accessed when you first enter the area. Clearing the prison and other areas like it should be a challenge, not easily grabbed guns. I've also noticed that metal bar doors can be broken down easily with an ax. My suggestion is that certain walls and doors in-game be indestructible by sledgehammer or ax due to their nature. For example, a gun room in a prison would be heavily secured, so the walls and doors would be reinforced. Thus, the player must find a key instead of just using brute force. Jail cells could be used for their intended purpose instead of being easy to break out of. Thoughts?

I'd like to see that too, especially with the idea of the keys. It would mean you would have to kill an unknown amount of zeds before you found it. When the new uniforms/clothes make it into the game this key could spawn on prison guards.

Or maybe even being able to get through the door with a propane torch and high enough metalworker stats.

On a side note, I'd also love to see riot police zeds, with helmets and armour who would be really hard to kill. maybe put these near the gun room?

37 minutes ago, Ocelot said:

Or maybe even being able to get through the door with a propane torch and high enough metalworker stats.

I really like this idea, it would give more value towards the metalworker profession and give it more utility use (like the engineer's generator knowledge). At the moment metalworking feels like grindier carpentry, especially without forges to melt down metal items. 

I dont see point in making guns and ammo harder to get as they are not OP.

The problem with sledgehammer is thst its easy to destroy things with him.

Just make destroying take a lot longer "like 10 times" more and after 1-2 wall sections you are exhausted.

Sledge is OP coz you can destroy quite a lot in no time and without much penalty.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/3/2016 at 4:30 PM, Strats said:

100% agree...  this needs to be done!!!   What good is a prison, if zombies just walk right out after 5 minutes of headbutting...  ALSO... the jail/prison bars and gate need to allow gunfire to pass through like the chainlink fence does..

Maybe instead of indestructible.... the metal walls / doors / gates  could wear down the tool (sledge / axe) so that several of them (like 3-4) would be required to get through...  along with alot of time and swings (like hundreds of swings)

I do think bars / gates should be indestructible to Zombies however.... I mean if live people cannot get out how would a decayed undead with no tools get out right ?