Smoker Trait -- can't, for the life of me, find cigarettes.

vickorano

Question

As the title says, I can't find any cigarettes anywhere, when I create a game with the Smoker trait. I had imagined maybe the spawn would be made rarer than normal games, but it really feels like, suddenly, I'm the only person on earth in PZ who is a smoker. Considering the lack of cigarettes anywhere, I would think that the trait would fade and disappear after a year or so, as this is essentially forced-quitting. Body would eventually have to readjust.

In any case, just wondering if I'm perhaps looking in the wrong places (I'm looking in all kinds of shops, houses, businesses, checking every single desk in every single school, etc...)

I'm also wondering if maybe a Caffeine Addict trait will come along? Or a Coffee Addict trait to be specific? Because personally, I'm a coffee addict, and if a real apocalypse happened, I would sooner die than forego a cup of coffee. Keeping that in mind, I do know that Dandelion and Chicory roots can be dried and roasted for a good goddamn coffee substitute, so I'm wondering if perhaps this might also be something that could come along in the Foraging and Cooking skills.

Blah blah blah, I can't find cigarettes. :(

4 answers to this question

Just recently I played a character with the smoker trait and I went for about 5 days without finding any smokes.  When I finally managed to raid one of the self-storage lots, I found hundreds of cigarettes in the garages.  I would've liked to see more single packs of cigarettes randomly on zombies or in houses, but if you're having trouble finding any, check the self storage lots and stockpile.

1 hour ago, Apexazimuth said:

Just recently I played a character with the smoker trait and I went for about 5 days without finding any smokes.  When I finally managed to raid one of the self-storage lots, I found hundreds of cigarettes in the garages.  I would've liked to see more single packs of cigarettes randomly on zombies or in houses, but if you're having trouble finding any, check the self storage lots and stockpile.

Yeah I spoke a little too soon, it was over ten days since I started before I found any, but finally came across some in a bar in one of the new areas the Devs just put into IWBUMS. I find them pretty often here, but not in Muldraugh. Weird. But now I have some! :3

6 hours ago, vickorano said:

Yeah I spoke a little too soon, it was over ten days since I started before I found any, but finally came across some in a bar in one of the new areas the Devs just put into IWBUMS. I find them pretty often here, but not in Muldraugh. Weird. But now I have some! :3

Vickorano. I've taken that trait as well as I like the roleplaying element it brings. It took me a few days to find any in Muldraugh as they don't seem to be in houses which I loot early game, but if you go to the big storage yard to the south (near the mobile homes and the police station) theres literally hundreds in the cardboard boxes and crates there. I have my loot set to 'common' or maybe 'abundant' though for objects (not food or weapons), so that might be your issue if you've got a different setting? I always do this to help find the crafting manuals which seem very sparse.

8 hours ago, Apexazimuth said:

Apexazimuth, I agree about having packets in the game and them being on zeds, maybe with a random amount in each pack. And like with ammo and nails, we should be able to create a box/packet to help with storage. 

I can fit 22 packs of smokes into my jacket IRL easily. My usual stout self in game can fit 22 packs of smokes into the largest available hiking pack, but would fall over with broken legs if he tried to haul that amount of tobacco in his arms along with his normal kit.

CARTONS OR RIOT.

And yeah, instead of in kids desks or in the kitchen or on zombies themselves, smokes are found stored away primarily in the self-store lots. (Gotta keep your smokes safe from other smokers, right?) Smokers should pick up an axe, a hammer and a dufflebag of whatever keeps you sane from these areas before starting your short, sad life.

tumblr_ob3bcxuOTX1ql0zqbo1_500.jpg

Archived