Baldur's gate or Diablo-like (classic RPG styled) inventory.

AngeloVolando

Hello all. First of all, sorry if this thread is being discussed somewhere else. It surely isn't the most original idea, I know; but I think, as the title says,  that it would be really awesome if the game had this classic rpg styled inventory, when you could drag items and see their shapes in a lot of sizes (tiny sized items like rings or sugar, I don't know, or bigger items like a shotgun). It would be very fantastic. Please Devs make this thing real. The actual inventory is pretty dull.

GoMule_expanded_stash.jpg

10 hours ago, trombonaught said:

It looks awesome but in reality, I find I do much more inventory interaction in PZ and this would probably bog me down pretty quick. If you thought farming was a clickfest already, just imagine harvesting with this system in play.

1zd7p5t.png

This is what you'd be stuck with. Lmfao

Edited by Demonic_Kat

There have been a few suggestions on this in recent years, but it hasn't catched up with the devs. Here's one:

As I said in that post, I'd prefer to have the grid plus the weight modifier together. The grid would be the limited space and the weight would affect your movement etc as it does now. But I don't think this that likely and although the devs have talked about an inventory overhaul, nothing to this direction has been mentioned.

Modders ahoy!

I like the idea, having to manage the space of your inventory could definitely have a great impact on looting.

I was also thinking that the Organized trait would allow you to have permanent inventory tiles as bonus. I think it would be even better if we could rotate items in the inventory to modulate the space.

As a bonus, that kind of inventory could be influenced by the cloths you wear, for exemple, army clothing tend to have a lot of pockets. But, I don't think that cloths should give weight reduction, just more space.

sincerely yours,

Dakrwhip

Ps: Admins or mods of a server could activate a cheat to have infinite scrolling tiled inventory.

Edited by Darkwhip

I think as the inventory system is right now is okay, but with the upcoming update of having to look in your bag a change may be nice.

Perhaps we could keep the main inventory the same (since it's so large and would be cumbersome), but when looking in a bag, it pops up a small grid like that.

4 hours ago, trombonaught said:

Can you elaborate on this? What will the update do?

As far as I know the bag update will make it so you have to actually look in your bag. So when you "look in bag" you could bring up a separate UI could come up with that would be like the diablo inventory

• 2 weeks later...

ill come out against a tile based inventory.  too many items, too complicated. it might be workable to have a tile based equipment screen, especially when we get helmets and hats armor and magic dragon summoning necklaces, but that would be too much stuff to click around on, in my opinion.

What I'd really like to see is an auto-sort-auto-store feature, where you can dump all the random stuff you find into a big bin, and it sort of sorts itself out into a range of containers by type or purpose. 

• MadDan locked this topic