SPOILERS – Rosewood and March Ridge Community Discovery thread!

Batsphinx

I've been surviving in Rosewood for a couple days (RL) now, so I've got a few comments on it so far:

• First, as has been noted before, the Fire Station has a depressing lack of fire axes. It however seems to be stocked with more medical supplies than a hospital. o_O Also the inability to slide on the fire pole gave me a sadface. :(
  • I like the town layout but I just wish it was a little bigger. Hopefully it'll expand eventually, but maybe the 'small town' feel is what we were going for? Zombie density seemed a bit low though in the main strip.
  • The courthouse really needs an office for the bailiffs that would be working there. Somewhere you can find maybe a desk or gun safe with a few pistols, some ammo, maybe a nightstick (if that's an item. If not, make it an item!), maybe even a single shotgun or box of shells somewhere.
  • Too many houses were spawning empty, I thought. I'm talking ones where there's furniture but nothing is in any of the containers. I imagined it like, 'maybe it's an open house on a place that was for sale' or something, but then there was ice cream in the freezer usually. O_o
  • In contrast, I found two houses with just plain too much loot. These were the 'theme' loot houses, where I found a kitchen full of nothing but seeds, farming books, watering cans, trowels and shovels, or the one I found that was just crammed full of electronics devices and skill magazines. In both cases, the amount of loot found there was somewhat overkill.
  • I absolutely loved some of the occasional set piece 'dead neighbors' I ran across. The lady who couldn't take it anymore and drank a gallon of bleach that I found dead in her kitchen, or the guy in the upstairs bathtub another time who had blown his head off, and I found a lovely varmint rifle, pistol, and ammo for both. :3

All in all this is looking like it will be a pretty great town to play in, with plenty of supplies for the self-sufficient survivor, but it still needs a balance pass or two before I think it'll be ready. I have not explored the prison yet, but I hope it'll be fun times. :3

3 hours ago, Frission said:

I've been surviving in Rosewood for a couple days (RL) now, so I've got a few comments on it so far:

• First, as has been noted before, the Fire Station has a depressing lack of fire axes. It however seems to be stocked with more medical supplies than a hospital. o_O Also the inability to slide on the fire pole gave me a sadface. :(
  • I like the town layout but I just wish it was a little bigger. Hopefully it'll expand eventually, but maybe the 'small town' feel is what we were going for? Zombie density seemed a bit low though in the main strip.
  • The courthouse really needs an office for the bailiffs that would be working there. Somewhere you can find maybe a desk or gun safe with a few pistols, some ammo, maybe a nightstick (if that's an item. If not, make it an item!), maybe even a single shotgun or box of shells somewhere.
  • Too many houses were spawning empty, I thought. I'm talking ones where there's furniture but nothing is in any of the containers. I imagined it like, 'maybe it's an open house on a place that was for sale' or something, but then there was ice cream in the freezer usually. O_o
  • In contrast, I found two houses with just plain too much loot. These were the 'theme' loot houses, where I found a kitchen full of nothing but seeds, farming books, watering cans, trowels and shovels, or the one I found that was just crammed full of electronics devices and skill magazines. In both cases, the amount of loot found there was somewhat overkill.
  • I absolutely loved some of the occasional set piece 'dead neighbors' I ran across. The lady who couldn't take it anymore and drank a gallon of bleach that I found dead in her kitchen, or the guy in the upstairs bathtub another time who had blown his head off, and I found a lovely varmint rifle, pistol, and ammo for both. :3

All in all this is looking like it will be a pretty great town to play in, with plenty of supplies for the self-sufficient survivor, but it still needs a balance pass or two before I think it'll be ready. I have not explored the prison yet, but I hope it'll be fun times. :3

Nightsticks are designed to be Less-Lethal. They hurt like a mofo and can give a concussion, but they have nothing on a bat or even a 2x4 plank

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/12/2016 at 7:02 PM, Kelefane said:

Has anyone successfully made the Prison into a base in SP via clearing it all solo? How did you go about it? How did you clear the corpses out of the buildings? I'm guessing kite them outside and kill them outside instead of inside? 

I just cleared it with a veteran. Used only the shotgun and pistol found in there. By the time you start shooting, all zombies on the outside will come to the prison but with no panic moodle theres enough ammo to clear the prison.

First thing I thought about the prison was how nice it would be to make a safehouse there, but it seems to me right now its just a waste of time in SP.