SPOILERS – Rosewood and March Ridge Community Discovery thread!

Batsphinx

To find the prison-

Leave Muldraugh going south, go past the first four-way intersection to the second four-way intersection. Go west, a road to the left leads to new residential/business area, but keep going west. You will see the sign warning that Hitchhikers may be escaped prisoner, just keep going. Eventually, there will be a road on the right. That road leads to a small town that includes a Fire Department and Police Station. If you go west on a road from the Police Station, it leads to the Prison. 

what_is_this_city_update_2.jpg

I will continue updating this image as I discover more. There are a TON, i literally mean about 10 houses easily per row, each side of each street, in the sector i marked with green. EACH one of these houses has many cupboards FULL of canned goods and shotgun munitions and shotguns. every 3 or 4 house there is a barricaded house VERY full of zombies. much fun to wipe out :) tbh. died after my third zombie-house due to me irl being sleepy :P

It is a very long walk/run from muldraugh to this city. I left without water n food >.<'  don't do that , you will survive, but its slow .  (ps: i was playing on <the first week> mode. died on the 7th day from my first wound a bite.)

edit: i have done the touring. be aware of the REDZone it equals your death certain ;) do NOT go to redzone without a few shotguns, and like 25 shotgun boxes, yes it is infected of hundreds of zedz per FLOOR.

ps: might as well show y'all the area  i was talking about: only 9 mins long vid, no voiceover, simple and hopefully will give y'all a fighting chance knowing how dangerous the spot is. :)

Edited by KorruptkSwades
added link to video + edited to correct city name

34 minutes ago, Strats said:

I found this building in the area around Muldraugh proper. It'd be a really cool base. Kudos to whoever finds this!

20161112221859_1.jpg

There is a small community of lots of little wooden shacks not too far from there also....

Edited by Hicks

Well iv heard there are Zeds at the prison but the town with the movie theater and all the houses and the tall apartments has ZERO zombies spawing in the streets, only some in the buildings. Its really lame, no need to fear the house alarms or even rhe heli event :(

finally took on the prison with a buddy in easy co-op. insane zombie settings, not sure if that tweaked the count, but suffice to say we were busy! the last room we check is the armoury :cry:... hit the big 10k kills for the first time ever with this character!! i think hes sitting at about 4 months, but hes hopped about 3 servers due to bugs usurping west point from my clutches, so yet to see a winter. why yes, i do grab the ammo stash before killing a server. why yes, i am sitting on 300 boxes of ammo now

12 hours ago, NebNebber said:

Well iv heard there are Zeds at the prison but the town with the movie theater and all the houses and the tall apartments has ZERO zombies spawing in the streets, only some in the buildings. Its really lame, no need to fear the house alarms or even rhe heli event :(

21 hours ago, NebNebber said:

Still no Zombies, kinda game breaking for a Zombie survival game, i hope this will be fixed by tomorrow (mondoid). 

in my god mode exploration game i've seen zero zombies in the streets of March Ridge and Rosewood. But in the barricaded homes there's usually 10+ zedz headbanging to their own beat. in the huge apartment complexes in March Ridge, as seen in my video, its OP in zedz. in the prison, that you'll see in another video soon, it is severely OP in zedz, but it does make sense. If i wasnt in god mode i'd be dead in the prison within the first room easily. I haven't found the military compound yet. 

Anyone know if there's a hardware store or warehouse in the Rosewood area? I need an axe and a trowel in the worst way. If not, and I guess also, how exactly do I get back to Muldraugh from here? Right now I'm based up in the suburby area of houses with black iron fences north of the strip mall type area. Just as reference point if you're going to try to give me directions.

Also, haven't found the prison yet. Is that Rosewood or March Ridge? From what I gather it's somewhere south/westish from where I am. Am I correct in that assumption?

Edited by PlasticandRage

Thanks. No word on hardware/warehouse? Anybody?

There definitely needs to be some axe spawns in Rosewood. As necessary as an axe is to play the game, there's very few opportunities for one in the town it seems. Other than the prison, which I still haven't managed to find, doesn't seem like there's really anywhere good to look for one outside of killing a lot of zombies and hoping to get one, which is a little too much of a crap shoot if you ask me. I'd sooner just pick somewhere else to spawn.

Edited by PlasticandRage

I too wish there was a hardware store either in rosewood or march ridge, a small one atleast, pretty pretty please :D                                                                                      as it is now i dont bother spawning in rosewood, i just spawn in west point just to loot the hardware store, then i head to the mall and loot the hardware store there. It would make it worth to spawn in rosewood if there was a small hardware store there :) 

Edited by josko_91

I know that both new locations are around Muld, but can you tell me if anything(Even small) was updated on the Westpoint + Valley Station sides of the map?

Adding locations to only the muld surrounding area will severely weaken Westpoint's appeal, and I happen to love that town.

Most WP players will want to move to Muld's new suburbs, and that means almost an end to Mall runs on my favorite server....

On 11/30/2016 at 2:33 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

That's going to depend on how Thursday's test goes.

Quite a bit is riding on getting enough people together to make sure the build is OK.

Thats cool.  If all goes well, what would the time frame for release be? 

On 11/23/2016 at 6:47 PM, EUDOXIO said:

I've found "Little ghost town" with a lake, love it :) and no spoilers on this one, gotta find it :D

Is this where you speak of??

20161201232359_1.jpg

BTW: No forage in this area. 

Also, love the touch, abandoned ghost town is quite nice, feels like home

Edited by pershgn