SPOILERS – Rosewood and March Ridge Community Discovery thread!

Batsphinx

1 hour ago, Kim Jong Un said:

IMO there definitely should definitely be some more farms this way. I was super disappointed to see a complete lack of side-roads here, as it almost doesn't even fit with the rest of the map.

Yeah, this would be a good way to fill up a lot of map space without compromising on quality. Makes sense given the location, too. 

13 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Not 100% sure if they'll be in the area you're talking about, but I do know that more farmland, farmsteads etc will be added to the map in future builds.

I figured as much, but I'm talking about the direct areas added here. Perhaps I should wait until we can get a whole overview of the added area, but with my admin-speed running around and exploration there appears to be very little "back roads" that fit with the outskirts of these places.

This, of course, is compared to the spaces around and between West Point and Muldraugh - there's smaller farms and homesteads between the two towns and abandoned structures that totally fit with the rural vibe. With the addition as it stands it almost feels more lacking of that element, but again, I'll hold my tongue until I've totally seen everything because I've definitely not seen all of it.

I await for the map project to kick in because the added area is indeed huge, I just feel like it is too condensed and feels rather different from the rest of the map because of that.

My next base I want to build is either the fire station or the community center with the gym.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Definitely agree with Glorious Leader, I feel like the new addition needs a going over to add more atmospherics, things like back roads, rural homes, abandoned structures, more outbuildings, urban elements like post boxes, garbage cans, dog houses, what not. All of those things that make it feel like a lived in town. As it stands now it feels somewhat fake and empty, though beautiful work.

That said, I imagine a lot of these things will be added and cleared up in coming builds, and become less noticeable when the spawn map is included. So far I really love the additions, still really looking forward to creative though, have much world building goodness pent up waiting for it :-D 

Additionally, if I had to force myself to be annoyed by one thing, it would be the lack of signage in the Prison. For such a sprawling building it would be totally useful to have basic letters for which cell block or whatever on the walls, as a lot of corridors look the same and are easy to get lost in.

Regardless, keep up the good work! Just a bit of febreeze and touch ups and this build will be such a fun experience to play through.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

12 hours ago, Moose65 said:

I seen in today's mondoid that your going to update tiles for foraging in the new towns. Any chance you are gonna define tiles for the rural farmland in southern westpoint? There are SO many nice locations to build a safehouse there, but no foraging = not worthwhile.

Can you point me with pzmap what farm do you mean please?

27 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Can you point me with pzmap what farm do you mean please?

Certainly :D

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.9060428634415789,0.12310630762961769,6.191736422399999

Pretty much that whole side of the map has not been defined for foraging, and there are so many great safehouse locations there.

Edit: More specifically, I've always wanted to try a safehouse down by that house with a pond, but no foraging tiles has been a deal breaker for me :/

Edit Edit: Also, encountered a strange bug on the way down to mess around with that house, I was unable to pick up the white plastic chairs here without causing some kind of error, pz map location link:

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.8685555220695312,0.09906964196778209,381.5848665762758

Edit Edit Edit: Also noticed I couldn't pick up anything at the farmhouse by the pond, I'll post a copy of the error to the bug tracker.

Edited by Moose65

2 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Thanks a lot, will zone this... zone... ah, English.

I'll check about this moveable furniture too then, prob not today as i think i'll have to add new zone the whole day... Jeeze it's taking time :D

Thanks for all the hard work RJ, I know its been unzoned for quite awhile, but there are so many awesome places down there to build, but the no foraging kinda holds it back :/

I'll just make sure to grab a plastic chair from somewhere else before hiking down there for now lol :D (edit: as a side note, placeable camping chairs would be an awesome addition, similar to how radios work.)

Edited by Moose65

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:

Yeah tbh, when i first did the zone i thought "oh, ppl will never go there,it's empty.." aaaand no, people like the wilderness.. :D

If you think about more missing foraging zone tell me, i'll check :)

I'll tell you right now, I go as far out as I can :P Anywhere that's not in town should be forage ready :)

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Yeah tbh, when i first did the zone i thought "oh, ppl will never go there,it's empty.." aaaand no, people like the wilderness.. :D

If you think about more missing foraging zone tell me, i'll check :)

While you are at it RJ, then check the entire map maybe? There are many, many places with no foraging. There was a bug about it in the tracker.

EDIT:

Maybe it was not on the tracker after all, but...

Edited by Geras

I have come across a few new or tweaked areas that I'm not sure if they were previous tweaks or added with the new content, but these too are missing forage maps. 

-The area east of the train yard and east of that little community north of muldraugh has changed. Mostly the road system and railroad, but an abandoned set of factories is there as well now. All changed areas missing forage

-NW of muldraugh the weird border areas have been improved and the dead end road from west point now connects to the pony roam-o road. Again, missing forage in that area. 

Both of these areas seem like they may be missing spawn maps as well, not 100% sure though, only passed through each once and they aren't exactly populated areas.

11 hours ago, vonVile said:

Where is the prison at? I just found the police and fire stations.

For those interested South of there is a lumber yard and large gas station with a bus station. Just follow the winding road.

I've asked where the Prison is in like 2-3 different threads and haven't received an answer yet.

2 hours ago, Moose65 said:

Probably cause it was answered on page 1.

No, its not. Show me where it was answered, because someone else even asked where its at on page 1. In fact, it was asked twice and never answered by two different people.

Edited by Kelefane