SPOILERS – Rosewood and March Ridge Community Discovery thread!

Batsphinx

Man, the new buildings look amazing! The prison feels like it could be the seed for a new challenge: "No Way Out" - As the dead rise and the living fall, you are an inmate at the Kentucky Correctional Facility. If I had to give any criticism, it'd have to be that I wish there was a little more "noise" (objects, clumped trees, buildings) alongside the roads and between buildings, and also that some of the stores and big buildings had some variation to the flat roof theme. These are minor though; the prison and everything are AWESOME!

Its abit obvious that this was rushed out to placate us over not getting the Animation update.  The 'winter of no content' was mentioned in mondoid recently, seems like this has been nearly a year of no content if your not in the IWBUMS. *sad face*

Not really? It's been worked on ever since the 2x and Big Trees were done (although, to be fair, some of the actual buildings had work done it long before then) so this is just the natural time it's all emerging.

It was put out for bug testing at the same point any other map would be, while we add some final detail. It certainly hasn't been 'rushed'.

10 minutes ago, Gordonfleaman said:

We haven't heard about that in a while. I'd like to hope we'll see some new information about that function in the coming weeks.

It's effectively on hold until animations are out, as it was a side project (in his downtime) of the dev working on animations. At the time, animations seemed closer to release. They still are, I suppose, since it's necessary to have them locked down to move on to other things.

Oh, there's the post:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/451850849177484397/

43 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

It's effectively on hold until animations are out, as it was a side project (in his downtime) of the dev working on animations. At the time, animations seemed closer to release. They still are, I suppose, since it's necessary to have them locked down to move on to other things.

Oh, there's the post:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/451850849177484397/

Thank you, that's very helpful.

26 minutes ago, Mike280 said:

Anyone have any spoilers on new police stations/guns stores/ammo caches?  I'm assuming that the prison has an armory, but if someone could confirm, that would make the trek over there more enticing.  

I think we still need to do zombie number balancing and also create loot tables for new building-types, so don't make the run just for guns just yet :) (Edit: tho police station would probz be fine)

39 minutes ago, Mike280 said:

Anyone have any spoilers on new police stations/guns stores/ammo caches?  I'm assuming that the prison has an armory, but if someone could confirm, that would make the trek over there more enticing.  

The guard house at the front of the prison has an upper amory room.. a LOT of guns/ammo. Too much and too easy to access in fact.

4 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

I think we still need to do zombie number balancing and also create loot tables for new building-types, so don't make the run just for guns just yet :) (Edit: tho police station would probz be fine)

The original police station?  or is that a hint there is another police station on the map now? :) 

On 11/3/2016 at 1:51 PM, Batsphinx said:

Glad to hear this, as I was disappointed in the lack of fire axes at the fire station :/

So far I have found the fire station/ police station area, the factory area, and the copy& paste suburb area. 

Aside from the prison are there more areas? 

By the title Rosewood and March Ridge it suggests two areas. Based on the existing town sizes; I would conclude the above mentioned area is rosewood OR March ridge but not both?

7 hours ago, Keekers said:

So far I have found the fire station/ police station area, the factory area, and the copy& paste suburb area. 

Aside from the prison are there more areas? 

By the title Rosewood and March Ridge it suggests two areas. Based on the existing town sizes; I would conclude the above mentioned area is rosewood OR March ridge but not both?

You haven't seen anything yet.

18 minutes ago, Gordonfleaman said:

When can we expect the PZ Map will be updated?

When the Mall was added, it was just a couple of days. Is there any information that suggests it would take much longer?

Not before build 35 come out of iwbums.

For most players build 34 is the main one.

I've tried clearing the prison solo on survival a couple times now, failed both times with hundreds of dead zed. I for one am very happy with the zombie counts in there :-D!!

There does seem to be a lot of mislabeled or possibly unlabeled containers, in 4 fresh trips the new diner on the road to the west has had nothing in its cabinets. Some of the other buildings could definitely stand to have spawn counts adjusted, in the western town the business' and police dept in particular were very low pop. can't wait for the exterior spawn maps and foraging to be addressed in the new areas.

Love the new map work though! I'm a huge fan of your work mash!

Just a thought for the highways, as many people in the U.S. probably know, there are large stretches of highway that have large fences running along the side of them. Also, it's not always forest, but also farmland that the roads pass through. It'd be neat to add a little of variety to the long roads with trees theme of the highway.