SPOILERS – Rosewood and March Ridge Community Discovery thread!

Batsphinx

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! New map content has just gone into IWBUMS public beta testing! If you’d like to know how to join in and explore Rosewood and March Ridge then please have a poke inside this post.

We always like people to explore our new areas rather than just dump a load of screenshots on you, so this is a thread where you can share your discoveries. If you’d rather keep the surprise to yourself, then don’t read any further.

The primary areas with new content can be found in the directions shown by these very professional looking arrows, but there are other small areas on the existing map that have been updated too. 

arrows.jpg

If you spot anything that looks like a map bug, then, as ever please report in in the TIS Bug Tracker. We be adding extra visual detail to these areas and fixing the issues you find in the IWBUMS builds to come.

Good luck out there!

I'm curious now if the birthplace of all the PZ firefighters will be explained now with the new map additions.....

Just curious, any chance foraging locations were updated with the new map additions? There's so many nice places south of westpoint that are unfortunately awful because of no foraging being implemented in those cells.

The new areas are great !

Finally a taller buildings (4 lvls)

Prison is fantastic !

Let us spawn in that south town its big enough to start a game from there.

Is this build bugged as I cant see big trees?

The Zeds dont spawn in new areas (streets)

You cant forage around new areas.

Edited by Zorak
few more things

Some buildings have rooms missing furniture entirely, but there is so much content down here that I couldn't even spot half of the major landmarks my friends and other people here have.

Appears to be some issues with big trees and foraging, but other than that, there is so much potential for living out here.

feels pretty empty because zeds don't spawn in a lot of places + more mile long parking lots surrounding places like gas stations

it's hard as hell to actually find anything but all of what I've found (police station, courtroom, some highly-defendable houses)

have been pretty cool, liking these new sprites

where's that prison at?

i was a little disappointed with the suburbia that I found, but the other one caught me by surprise! didnt even know it existed until I saw this thread hahah.. the prison looks sick... too many zombies to do a full sweep, but i got a decent look around. literally lol'd at the fire department hahaaha I hope that its burnt down in every game and I wasnt just reeeeeeally lucky.... i think Ive seen just about everything, still looking for electronics or hardware stores?? nothing so far. plz make moveable workout equipmenttttt

Edited by critical jim

So I found the Fire Department (it's not always burnt down btw :D), and my only complaint is there was no axe spawns in it at all. It had the other expected items (first aid, flashlights, etc), but it seems like there should be some axes there. I would suggest putting at least a couple of special containers there with a very high chance to roll axes somewhere in there, as it is something you would expect to find there.

Edit: Also, the sliding pole isn't functional :( it should function as a 1-way sheet rope.

Edit Edit: Also, the new arcades/pinball machines aren't stealable yet :(

Edited by Moose65

Nice touch on the firemans pole.

New areas seem good, as mentioned just need some additional minor detailing so the areas feel a little more lived in and not fresh empty new builds.

Only seen one minor bug, south wing of prison on ground floor there is a door that open to a wall so cant enter the cell. Will bug track it later.

Noticed the new arcade machines too! People will want those for their bases though ;)

The new area looks quite promising and interesting but as others already said it could need some additions to make it look less empty.

However, I was really disappointed not to find Dickerson Lake on the map. It would have been the perfect thing to fish in Muldraugh and it is even irl a great fishing location in Meade County.

12 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

The new area looks quite promising and interesting but as others already said it could need some additions to make it look less empty.

However, I was really disappointed not to find Dickerson Lake on the map. It would have been the perfect thing to fish in Muldraugh and it is even irl a great fishing location in Meade County.

Found 4 new lakes around Muld so plenty to choose from.

10 hours ago, Moose65 said:

So I found the Fire Department (it's not always burnt down btw :D), and my only complaint is there was no axe spawns in it at all. It had the other expected items (first aid, flashlights, etc), but it seems like there should be some axes there. I would suggest putting at least a couple of special containers there with a very high chance to roll axes somewhere in there, as it is something you would expect to find there.

Edit: Also, the sliding pole isn't functional :( it should function as a 1-way sheet rope.

Edit Edit: Also, the new arcades/pinball machines aren't stealable yet :(

haha im glad i got a screenshot of it then... so much irony, amazing first runthrough

20161031201315_1.jpg

instead of going south at that intersection, go west

On 31/10/2016 at 0:18 PM, Batsphinx said:

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! New map content has just gone into IWBUMS public beta testing! If you’d like to know how to join in and explore Rosewood and March Ridge then please have a poke inside this post.

We always like people to explore our new areas rather than just dump a load of screenshots on you, so this is a thread where you can share your discoveries. If you’d rather keep the surprise to yourself, then don’t read any further.

The primary areas with new content can be found in the directions shown by these very professional looking arrows, but there are other small areas on the existing map that have been updated too. 

arrows.jpg

If you spot anything that looks like a map bug, then, as ever please report in in the TIS Bug Tracker. We be adding extra visual detail to these areas and fixing the issues you find in the IWBUMS builds to come.

Good luck out there!

basically these arrows are the 2 locations

EDIT: sorry my brain is isometric. youll want to be going NW 

Edited by critical jim