trombonaught

"Play until you die" is great for single player but in private multiplayer servers, death means less. You don't want to stop at death because all of your friends are still in, but if you respawn you know it never ends.

To prevent this cycle that ends in burnout for some, a leaderboard and admin conditions could make for a clearer endgame. Who can survive the longest character in a year? Who can end the most zombies? Who can maintain the longest original character?

An in-game record of player bests could give players these endgame goals, while scripted win conditions could do even more. Any chance of seeing any of this?

I don't think this would quite fit the game.... however I do agree a little..... I think the problem is that you can die 1000 times and always recreate the same character..... I think there should be a multiplayer option that enforces random character starts, this way when they die they lose their character....

Imagine you get a random character with strong trait and good fitness.... you die, you respawn as another random with overweight obese.... that would suck, so it would make players really try NOT to die if they really want to keep their character... this worked very well with State of Decay, when you died and you took control of another member of the group, it sucked that the character you had came to like died, they had specific traits that you get used to, but if you are able to create a character with same traits over and over it takes away from the need to survive (because you can always get back to where you were)

Hmm or maybe an option to dissallow traits/defects on a new character that were used on the most recent character. That way consecutive characters will be different, but players still have choices. Or some sort of clone tracker whereby a player cannot recreate the same combination of career/traits in a server.

Edited by trombonaught

3 minutes ago, Demonic_Kat said:

Could make it so it locks in random negative traits and give the player the option for positive ones or vice versa.

That would only cause re-rolling it so you get more-or-less the ones you want, wouldn't it?

• 8 months later...

New local host game rules!

SPIFFS OUT

Party spawns into Rosewood prison and everyone is given an admin-spawned spiffo. We run out and try to survive as a team.

Every night the admin (aka death) teleports to each player and demands to see a Spiffo (SPIFFS OUT). No Spiff = 100 zombies are spawned on them.

This encourages players to stay alive (and keep their spiffo) or to seek old player corpses looking for Spiffos. No spiffos in party = party loses, server restart.

Edited by trombonaught