More Job Diversity

TheWraithPlayer

I've compiled a list of jobs that PZ already has, and jobs that I think they should have. Ones they already have are in black. Ones that are planned are in blue. Ones they don't  have in red.

Actor

Artist

Baker

Bomb Squad

Burglar

Carpenter

Chef

Chiropractor

Customer Service

Construction Worker

Dentist

Doctor

Drug Dealer

Electrician

EMT

Engineer

Farmer

Fastfood Worker (Burger Flipper)

FBI

Fireman (Fire Officer)

Fisherman

Fitness Instructor

Garbage Collector

Handyman

Hunter

Janitor

IT Worker

Librarian (Bookkeeper)

Lumberjack

Mason

Military Officer

Musician

Nurse

Office Worker

Painter

Park Ranger

Pilot

Plumber

Police Officer

Prisoner

Pro Athlete

Professor

Psychologist

Rancher

Repairman

Salesman

Secretary

Security Guard

Singer

Soldier (Military Soldier)

Store Clerk (Cashier)

Student

Surgeon

SWAT

Tailor

Teacher

Truck Driver

Unemployed

Veteran

Waiter

This is the list I've got. Let me know what you think, and thanks for reading

Edited by TheWraithPlayer

Wraith, nice list. I would love to see these in the game. For the ones in blue, where have they been announced as planned? Drug dealer would be a nice one, as I hope to see them bring drugs into the game for roleplaying purposes, possibly linked to the new system where you have a chance of spawning with an injury, but perhaps now spawning with a drug dependency and would need to find these drugs or risk having withdrawal penalties.

EDIT

Handyman would also be a nice profession. One that gave you minor buffs for carpentry, mechanic and electrican

Edited by Ocelot

Thanks for the ideas Johnny Fisher & Ocelot. Also, the ones in blue are listed here at PZwiki. Here's my new list, with your ideas added.

Artist

Actor

Baker

Bomb Squad

Burglar

Carpenter

Chef

Chiropractor

Customer Service

Construction Worker

Dentist

Doctor

Drug Dealer

Electrician

EMT

Engineer

Farmer

Fastfood Worker (Burger Flipper)

FBI

Fireman (Fire Officer)

Fisherman

Fitness Instructor

Garbage Collector

Handyman

Hunter

Janitor

IT Worker

Librarian (Bookkeeper)

Lumberjack

Mason

Military Officer

Musician

Nurse

Office Worker

Painter

Park Ranger

Pilot

Plumber

Police Officer

Prisoner

Pro Athlete

Professor

Rancher

Repairman

Salesman

Secretary

Security Guard

Singer

Soldier (Military Soldier)

Store Clerk (Cashier)

Student

Surgeon

SWAT

Tailor

Teacher

Truck Driver

Unemployed

Veteran

Waiter

Let me know if you have any ideas.

A number of the planned jobs (waiter, customer service, salesman, cashier) seem like they will give bonuses to NPC interaction.

I think retiree would be interesting, where you're weaker, but start with loads of stuff (guns, meds, etc), and NPCs all feel compelled to help you. Maybe its even WWII vet, so you also have some firearm proficiency.

This ones a bit morbid, but housewife? Bonuses to cooking, first aid, maybe fitness, but a constant drain on happiness (you DO spawn alone). Maybe a grieving trait would be good.

I think that some jobs should have special spawn points to go with them.

IE: Retiree if your a retiree maybe you spawn in a house in the country areas/ or in a gated community?

I always thought that just because I used to always choose carpenter why am I always limited to only knowing carpentry without having to choose tons of negative perks to balance it out.

Maybe Random variants to go with the jobs that do not count toward your perks/negative section.

They would be random and you do not know what you would get til you start the game.

I mean just because your a farmer does not mean that you also do not hunt and trap game regularly but currently if you want to do that you get stuck with negative perks T_T.

My fav negative perks are ones that you should be able to fix somehow with glasses or a hearing aid, etc.

6 hours ago, wsensor said:

I think that some jobs should have special spawn points to go with them.

IE: Retiree if your a retiree maybe you spawn in a house in the country areas/ or in a gated community?

I always thought that just because I used to always choose carpenter why am I always limited to only knowing carpentry without having to choose tons of negative perks to balance it out.

Maybe Random variants to go with the jobs that do not count toward your perks/negative section.

They would be random and you do not know what you would get til you start the game.

I mean just because your a farmer does not mean that you also do not hunt and trap game regularly but currently if you want to do that you get stuck with negative perks T_T.

My fav negative perks are ones that you should be able to fix somehow with glasses or a hearing aid, etc.

My friend spawned in as a police officer and started at the police station, so to a degree it already happens like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent list so far. It would probably be good to post suggestions for abilities of these new professions ( as well as modifications to existing ones).

On 10/28/2016 at 6:31 AM, Ocelot said:

Handyman would also be a nice profession. One that gave you minor buffs for carpentry, mechanic and electrican

I'd rather change the repairman to something like this than have a new handyman class. More specifically, I think the repairman should have a rank in carpentry, metal working and electricity.

Also, marital artist: a rank in blunt and blade accuracy and defence. And perhaps a unique bonus to unarmed attacks ( or an unarmed skill)

Edited by grammarsalad

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2016 at 9:05 PM, TheWraithPlayer said:

My friend spawned in as a police officer and started at the police station, so to a degree it already happens like that.

How common is that? Because I'm always a cop and never spawned at the Police Station (I always start in Mulg)