Windows and how to use them? (Popup Window)

Berdryn

I've looked through the lua code of various mods and still don't quite see how to create a pop up window on the screen that you can move around, minimize and display info in/on.  I'm sure it's possible but just not how to effect it properly.

I need to be able to press a button on the keyboard and have a window pop up. It would be awesome if it could be resized but the ideal is how to display a graphic that works as its background. For example, how the radios work. They have a window with various things you can do on that window like toggle buttons, add and remove items, etc. 

I want to be able to display a graphic that will show values, I think I can do this part as an overlay on the screen when a button is pressed but i want to display something that looks more like a notebook of sorts (the graphic i made for the background of this pop up window) then have my text values display over the top of this background, effectively you press a key and a notebook pops up with lines of values. 

I need to be able to minimize this window if possible, like how your inventory windows work.

Does anyone have any advice on where to start or some insight on how windows / menus work in PZ?