The Survival Tales of Knox Country

TheWraithPlayer

Okay, I was playing PZ one day and had a really awesome moment. That was a while back know, but I kept thinking I should post my playthroughs as short stories, only altering what needs to be altered for it to make sense. I finally go around to doing this, and I'm gonna post my last survival. It was really bad, but I figured I might as well start anywhere.

Joseph Hall

Day 1

I'm doomed. Absolutely doomed. I just got out of college, and as a result, don't have a lot. I live in a crap apartment and live off crap takeout food I get from a crap restaurant. I was totally unprepared when the quarantine hit. As I search through my house, looking for anything that even resembles a weapon, I find nothing. All I have is a small collection of books and some yogurt in the fridge. I only have enough curtains for two windows, with the remaining 3 unblocked, allowing the outside world and them to see me. I look out my bedroom window and see the Fowlers' home. They were okay, but we didn't really talked much. Mr. & Mrs. Fowler and their 3 kids haven't come out of the house since Monday, and I suspect that they have too succumbed to the 'Flu'. That's what the CDC calls it anyway. I remember once seeing Tom Fowler going to the shooting range with his pistol once, and it's probably still there, sitting in his bedroom. I quietly open the front door, checking for any of them outside. I then sprint over to the Fowler home, and open the front door. As I open the door, Mrs. Fowler stumbles out, blood all over her white blouse. She growls at me and lunges with an almost animal like quality. I run down the street terrified for my life. As I sprint through the park, they come out of the woods, stumbling over playground equipment. I end up being chased over to the school, where I pound on the glass doors, attracting more of them. I run over to the cafeteria doors, and finally one opens. I run inside, screaming in terror at the small bones scattered all over the room. I ran into the hall, and they were pounding on the front doors. I ran up the stairs, running from door to door in the abandoned hallway, all of them locked. I finally found an unlocked door, and geography room by the looks of it. I quickly shut the door and search the desks, hoping to find something to use anything. Even a broken pencil will do. But no, nothing but some rubber bands and a text book in sight. They pound on the door, and I know that I have know hope. They charge inside, slowly stumbling closer and closer, now where for me to go. In desperation I break one of the windows, and jump out. I yell in pain as my lower right leg shatters when I hit the ground. I'm scratched and bloody, with glass lodged in my left hand. I slowly crawl toward the nearest car, hoping to get inside and have some shelter. They are everywhere, and I scream as they eat me before I even get the stand up...

So let me know what you think, and I'll post my next survival sometime soon. I'll accept any criticism, even bad stuff. (As long as it isn't trolling) Enjoy!;)

Shirley Brooks

Day 1

I'm surrounded by the infected ones. My doors are locked, I have curtains pulled over all of my 1st story windows, and I have a few days worth of food. The electricity and water haven't turned off yet, but my thermostat's broken. When the outbreak is taken care of I'm gonna have to have a repairman come and fix it. I walk upstairs and grab a book off the bookshelf and begin to read. I get a few chapters in when I hear a scream. I look out my bedroom window on the 2nd floor that overlooks the street. I see a man go down the street on a bike, only to get knocked over by the infected. He gets up and tries to run, but he gets swarmed and gets eaten alive, right in the street. Before I can stop my self, I utter a shrill scream. As the turn towards my house and start to bang on my door, I curse myself. I run down stairs to put some furniture in front of the door, but they crash through the window, causing me too run back up to my bedroom. I push my side table in front of the door, but I'm not strong enough to push my bed in front of the door too. I sit in my bed, terrified as they try to break down the door...

Day 3

I passed out from exhaustion yesterday morning, and slept most of the day on my bedroom floor. I wake up and check my phone to see that I slept through Friday and that it's know Saturday. They're still pounding on my door, and I'm dehydrated and literally starving to death. I hear a loud crack, and watch as the break my door off it's hinges. I scream and run toward the window and open it. I then climb out, and fall to the ground. I survive the fall, but cut my foot open on a rock. I then run off out in the rain, and into the woods...

Day 4

I'm laying on the ground, helpless. I'm exhausted, with no water and food. The cut on my foot is still bleeding, and a blood trail winds down the path I took to get here. I look up at the sky, watching the branches off large Maples and Oaks sway in the breeze. This is the last sight I ever see...

Steven Johnson

Day 1

I grab my rolling pin and head outside. I quickly scout the area then head back in. As I plan my next move, I hear a loud bang on the door. I open in, expecting to deal with one of them, only to get attacked by five. I kill them all, blood stain my walls in a new crimson shade of paint. I then grab my stuff, which amount's to little, and head out the door. I go through my neighbors backyard and threw their neighbors and so on and so forth until I reach Park Street. I then grab the key to my friends house, and step inside, locking the door behind me. I can't seem to find Vincent any where. He told me head be here. Guess he got infected. I walk upstairs and find his body, or what's left of it, anyway. Looks like the rats got to him before someone could bury him. I told him he should call an exterminator, but he never listened. "I'll just set some more rat traps, or get a cat," he always told me. Ah well, I guess it doesn't matter now, does it? Man, I need to pee. I go upstairs to use the restroom when his girlfriend comes out, with big chunks missing on her arms. She moans and lunges at me, I dodge, but she still manages to shove me over. My rolling pin goes flying, and lands on the ground outside the second story window. Who leaves the bathroom window open?!? I run into Vincent's room, and search it for his baseball bat. I finally find it, right as his girlfriend Brittany stumbles in. I swing at her face, and it turns into a pancake against the wall. I never really liked her anyway. I then hear a loud crash downstairs. I run down and into the living room, and about a dozen of them come and pin me up against Vincent's leather couch...

Hank Mitchel

Day 1

I quickly go from window to window on the first floor of my 2 story house. I'm making sure that the curtains and blankets I put over them are secured. I then grab my knife. It's just a kitchen knife, nothing special, but It'll have to do for now. I go upstairs to my bedroom and get the CB out of my closet. I scan the airwaves, searching for any other sign of humanity from within the Zone, but nothing. I hear a knocking, actually, more of a banging on my front door. I got downstairs and get my knife ready. It might just be my sister Sara, she called before the phones went out and asked if she could stay with me till the outbreak ran it's course. But then again, it's more likely to be another infectee, drawn to my house for no real reason other than instinct and madness. I open the door, and not 1, but 2 of them grab me, taking me down to the ground. I stab one in the temple, and blood gushes all over my new carpet. The other one gets a hold of my left arm an clamps down with a vice-like jaw. I yell out in pain, then kill it too. I close the front door, lock it, and drag the bodies into my first floor bathroom. I find my Ex's old shirt and rip it into long, thin strips. I then take one and wrap it around the bite, tightening the knot. I don't want to turn into one of them. I don't want my sister to find me like all the others that got taken over by the fever...

Day 2

I had to change my bandage in the middle of the night. I woke up with severe fever and ended up hurling the slice of pie I had for dinner last night. I know what to do! I'll just go up the street to Cortman Medical! They have plenty of medicine that'll help my fever, and I'm sure they old guy that owns it won't mind if I take a few things. I'll just leave him a note and some cash taped to the wall next to the medicine cabinet. I grab my knife, and head on down the street. They take notice and start chasing me. I run down the street, occasionally coughing up some blood from the effort. I really am sick. I run inside and shut the front door behind me as a bell jingles from my entrance. I run through the first floor, and finally find some painkillers. I take some, and then try to look for some paper for my note. But the infected have other plans. They brake through the windows, and chase me into the apartment upstairs. I shut the door and breathe a sigh of relief. little do I know, the old man and his wife are eating their son in the kitchen...

• 3 weeks later...

Thomas Phillips

West Point, KY

Day 1

I wake up and grab a knife from the kitchen cabinet, and step outside. It's a cool day, the breeze is blowing, the sun shining, but the smell of death is obvious. I walk over to the neighbors house and step inside. They left a few days ago, so I don't think they'll mind that I'm looting their house. I grab some food, a few books and trapping, and a hammer. I walk over to the next house, and climb through the window. They're still in the process off moving away, but I see that they are very much dead, and decide I'll go in and search through their stuff too. I find Mr. Sims noisily eating his kids, the wife no where in sight. I hit him in the side of the head with my newly acquired hammer, leave the house. I look down to the south and see the school. I've hated that place my whole life, between the crap cafeteria food and the stupid teachers, that place was terrible. I decide to circle around, see if I might find a way in. I round the corner and see a pack of them. I make a U-turn and run for it, hoping that they won't follow. But the do, and they're fast...

Archived