Expanded Plumbing System

Kuren

I was browsing the main site, since I've been checking in for the new Mondoid post today, and I saw an old Mondoid featured in the "PZ Stories n' NPCs" topic under "News & Dev" that had pipe artwork for tiles.

secretmessage.jpg

Mondoid link: https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2012/12/on-voices-in-the-darkness/

Basically I was thinking these could be used to expand the rain barrel mechanics. Players could build/place pipes leading from the bottom of their barrels to whatever they want to supply water to (be it a sink, shower, toilet, etc). Might solve some confusion for people trying to build a working sink system and would add a cool new element to building in the apocalypse :)

Very cool idea, I like the idea of a working sink after water is off.... this could also make electrical skill more important as you would need to connect a pump inside of the barrel that will pump the water into a filter system and then to your tap! :)

The filter system could be built with "plumbing" and "electrical" skill and would require maintenance to continue to filter the water. Not to mention a generator after the power goes out. :D

1 minute ago, Colin said:

I like the idea of a working sink after water is off....

Happy to let you know this is actually already in the game :D

The barrel just has to be one floor above the sink and one tile to the left I believe. It even filters/cleans the water :)

I just think it would be nice if they made it more clear and fun to set this and other similar uses for water up with pipes leading from rain barrels on higher floors. This could also allow for more than one barrel to be tied to a sink or water system/network :)

8 minutes ago, Colin said:

What????? When did this happen?? :D I must try this out. Thanks.

No problem :D

And it was added around last June, when they introduced moving furniture :)

Seen in this Mondoid: https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2015/06/the-biting-point/

“Now, most objects are purely cosmetic to pimp up your safehouse, however some retain functionality: like container objects, and the barbecue. Objects with water pipes attached will lose functionality when moved too, but can be made operational again when one or more water barrels are placed in the 3×3 surrounding the sink (or one level above) and will draw water from them, if they have any.”

Last I remember however, this didn't work as simply as the 3x3 placing area originally intended and people were saying it needed to be up 1 level and over 1 tile to left to work. It may have been changed/fixed but it's something to note :)

A discussion about placing the rain barrel correctly like I mentioned can be found here:

Edited by Kuren

I didnt know this. Thanks for letting us know. I'll test it out at some point soon.

EDIT:

Just found this thread which explains how to place the water barrel:

And I agree with the OP. It would be a nice function to have plumbing in the game.

Edited by Ocelot