Tutorial Request - Start to finish, Iso objects (Floor, crate, walls, doors and windows)

Berdryn

Hello!

I hope this is the place for this. I'm asking for someone more knowledgeable in PZ modding to put together a detailed tutorial on how to create building pieces. Ideally it would work as a mod tileset tho if its possible to fit it into the map tools as well (not sure how they work).

How to make an iso tile the player can build such as a crate (a container iso object), floor tiles and finally the various wall pieces. A door frame, window frame along with the door and window themselves would finish it out. I except once you are able to make one, you could do the others in code, the door and window frame might be more difficult but I am not sure. I'm assuming once its made, its just a matter of telling the new set of objects which bit of artwork to use from a tileset that I create. I think you can point it to a png in the texture folder also till I can make a proper tileset.

I was once a professional graphic designer and if this can be worked out (and I can follow it), I think it would be possible to put together a tile set with a theme as I intend to use Blender, doing this it would allow for easy rendering on different pieces. Such as a dark ages mod with stone walls, fantasy chests and so on. I'd love to make some space themed tiles also!

I've heard there was a reason or two why this sort of thing isn't already widespread in the PZ mod community, if so I apologize if its not possible currently. I've seen new building pieces in other mods, its just I am so new to lua that much of it doesn't make sense to me. I thought if it was focused on the task, it could be easier to learn how to do it.