Dear Devs - Help Remove attack sync

nolanri

made a kind of hack job fix for the LOS problem. just manually using set alpha to all the object in the cell that return true on CanSee() in main players update loop.  So you can play the survivors mod without an "Major" problems now.  for some reason it seems that survivors still sync with your attack command. not sure why yet.  I guess it must be hard coded in without even doing a getPLayerNum() == 0 condition check.  but its not so bad and could even be usful i suppose.

On 10/26/2016 at 3:29 PM, nolanri said:

made a kind of hack job fix for the LOS problem. just manually using set alpha to all the object in the cell that return true on CanSee() in main players update loop.  So you can play the survivors mod without an "Major" problems now.  for some reason it seems that survivors still sync with your attack command. not sure why yet.  I guess it must be hard coded in without even doing a getPLayerNum() == 0 condition check.  but its not so bad and could even be usful i suppose.

Did you do this java side? Or are you able to do this in lua?

5 hours ago, tommysticks said:

weapon:setCondition(weapon:getConditionMax());

That should do the job. Can also just use an integer. Also need to define weapon with something like getPrimaryHandItem()

thanks for this. but i think now that you can give the survivors new weapons i dont need to use this.
but I was looking through BodyDamage and Player classes for a method to detect "how hungry" a player is but oddly could not find anything regarding hunger. know anything about that?

25 minutes ago, nolanri said:

thanks for this. but i think now that you can give the survivors new weapons i dont need to use this.
but I was looking through BodyDamage and Player classes for a method to detect "how hungry" a player is but oddly could not find anything regarding hunger. know anything about that?

player:getStats():getHunger()

Im not 100% sure those are exact, specifically the getStats(), but it is something like that. I'm on my phone and no access to all my PZ notes.

1 minute ago, tommysticks said:

player:getStats():getHunger()

Im not 100% sure those are exact, specifically the getStats(), but it is something like that. I'm on my phone and no access to all my PZ notes.

oh i didnt see that stats class. yeah it's there.

if I can find a way to initiate the joypad/controller system without actually having a controller, i think i can fix the attack sync. And possibly remove the need for javaside patch.

I need to set GameWindow.ActivatedJoyPad to something not null.  I can set the suvivor players JoyPadBind to like 1 even but the condituions in the player update check for GameWindow.ActivatedJoyPad to be activated before they check for the players joypad bind.

• 4 months later...