exchange door nob / change doors

Crashdummy11880

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎20 at 3:17 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Yes, that'd certainly simplify things.

Perhaps auto-pair a doorknob and a key if both are present in your inventory, too?

Definitely want to be able to replace door knobs without breaking down the door and occasionaly the wall or the door frame in my base.

I like the way you're going with this :) Or at least show door knob you have a key for in yellow while the list is opened? (akin to how doors work at the moment)

• 1 month later...

Yeah padlocks are kind of essential in this case because the whole point of the door is to keep zombies and players out of your base, and whats the point of locking a door with a key, if a player can walk up and take of your door knob, perhaps the door has to be open and not closed? Because it has to be open if you've ever taken off a doorknob before.

Taking off a door knob.jpg

Edited by Queen Glory

3 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

Because it has to be open if you've ever taken off a doorknob before.

Taking off a door knob.jpg

Not strictly true. You can take the knob or handle off most types of door without it being open. The insides, containing the locking mechanism can only be removed when the door is open but its possible to force or kick the door open then change the locks and fix up thw door if necessary.

20 hours ago, NebNebber said:

Not strictly true. You can take the knob or handle off most types of door without it being open. The insides, containing the locking mechanism can only be removed when the door is open but its possible to force or kick the door open then change the locks and fix up thw door if necessary.

huh, I mean it's possible, the doors i have on my house only allow you to take off the door knob if the door is opened, but doorknobs & doors differ so. 

Also the second part is true but this is project zomboid, you can't kick down doors so if they were to add it into the game at some point/someone make a mod, it wouldn't make much of a difference.