Seems like all of the PZ mods are scattered between quite a few different locations, at various states of completion, mixed in with different versions. Is there a website that everyone uses where mods are updated regularly? Or are many of the mods just dead? Some of the ones that need updating are pretty great but break my game because, well, their version is old. I'm sad that some of them are no longer usable and I'm hoping that many of the extremely popular ones from the past will maybe be considered for official integration.

Additionally, I'd be interested in participating in creating mods for PZ but the current tools are really not user-friendly to idiots like me. I'm a freelance illustrator/designer & I'd love to create new items, functionality and maps for PZ... but I just don't understand a damned thing about the process. (Ideally, I'd just like a job at the Indie Stone--even just to volunteer my skills... but that ain't happenin.)

If anyone has any comments, thoughts, help, knowledge, lessons, resources or maybe want to collab on something, lemme know.

Unfortunately that's just how it goes with mods, especially when it comes to games that are still in development. Authors move onto other things either because they lose interest, find it too hard to keep all their work up to date, or get distracted by something shiny.

Best thing you can do is bite the bullet and just learn Lua and/or how to use the mod tools.

While the mod tools are a bit overwhelming, there are a decent amount of guides to follow, and once you've got them set up and done a few small things you'll notice they aren't so bad, and it just becomes a matter of how much time you are willing to invest in making something.

If you need help creating items, recipes and some other simple stuff, PM me any questions you have, I'll be happy to help you get started.

Far as up-to-date mods go... It would be hard to find any place that has mods 100% up to date, especially for a in-dev game that has two separate builds played by a ton of people, best thing to do is just get it and see if it works, some fairly old mods are still functional despite not being updated in a while.

• 3 weeks later...

FmanR -- I know what you mean, I was just curious to see if anyone was posting somewhere consistently. False hope for old mods.

Svarog -- I really do need help in getting started, learning/understanding Lua, and I'm very confused about how to use the mod tools. I don't know why, but the current tutorial videos are very hard to follow and seem to depend on prior knowledge as well as seem to skip some steps. They're made by people who don't make tutorial videos, so I don't hold it against the creators. I'm just not a fast learner when it comes to new languages, which coding is. Visual/hand skills, I can do. Writing/script/coding, even Music Theory are just damned difficult for my brain. But I would very very much love to contribute new tiles, items, art and mods/functionality to the community because I feel like a) coding should be something I should have practice in and b) I could demonstrate my suggestions for the game by implementing them, instead of just talking about them.

That all said, I have indeed attempted to learn how to mod and make maps on a few separate occasions in the recent past. My brain just isn't wired to understand the dev tools right now, though...

Archived