hammer,saw must be worn.

justcrow

As you know, there must be a bunch of hammers and saws on the ground with time because they are undestroyable. I mean they must become important items with themselves worn whenever we use them like an axe. Actually, they are never glad to be found each time I loot in PZ :( 

I understand that saw edge's 'teeth' will be corrupted with time, but why hammers should be destroyable if you using it only for carpentry?

On 26.09.2016 at 1:49 AM, Unghin said:

227.  Make durability for saw, but increase spawn of saw or make spawn of replaceable saw edges (may be edges will spawn in packs so we will have a lot of them, but in the same time we need to change them). Now we have infinite sawing of logs with opportunity to cut down trees with selfmaded axe. May be add increasing time for sawing if  your edge near to break.

Wouldn't mind having it tied to blunt/blade maintenance as a skill and as usual let them be repaired.

They already have this for makeshift items (minus the ability to repair those ones specifically) but I do think for convenience sakes these should take a crap-ton of uses to break. Gameplay would come over realism here and because of the fact that saws aren't as common could make this really annoying to somebody who actually runs out of saws.

If its gonna be possible that the handle can broke it would be nice that you could just replace it with a new handle instead of finding a whole new hammer.

The chance of breaking the handle should be based on your carpenter skill.

Removing nails should raise the chance of breaking the handle. Look at the second picture in this Thread.

Maybe they could also add a new type of hammer where the handle and head is one piece of metal with a rubber coated grip. like this one:

main-qimg-b6c40756fb00e9e57a0085b854abc1

Edited by Crashdummy11880

• 1 month later...

My suggestion for about a year now is to make the Saw similar to the fishing rod + paperclip,  The Saw breaks and needs replacement blades, can be found singular or in boxes like paperclips, maybe you even need a screwdriver.   

Im not so bothered by the Hammer, if you break a Hammer whilst using it for construction its either made cheaply or your doing it wrong,  a good Hammer can last decades without a doubt but to my knowledge there is no saw on eaeth that stays sharp for ever, im into carpentry stuff irl and tbh the Saw is pretty immersion breaking for me,  worse than the Crowbar that lools like a Bat.

Edited by NebNebber
Spellinh faail