Add/Replace/Remove Batteries For Radios Be Like Flashlights

vonVile

I don't understand the logic of having 2 different ways to add/replace/remove batteries in the game. With the Flashlight its an easy menu option, but with Radios you have to; place Radio, bring up Radio interface, and finally add/replace/remove Battery. Then if I want to Disassemble it I then have to pick it up again before I'm allowed to do that.

It would be easier just to have 2 menu options:

1.) When I'm holding the Radio and right click there's an Add/Remove menu option like for Flashlights

2.) When the Radio is on the counter/ground and right click in the cell its in there's the same menu option.

This would also solve the annoyance of accidentally disassembling Radios with Batteries still in them, since the code as it stands now doesn't recognize if a Radio does or doesn't have a Battery in it.

I agree, I can see why they'd want the battery option in the radio interface but having the drop-down option also would make things more consistent.

You might want to put this in the small suggestion thread currently ongoing

Edited by chewgowski

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎11 at 6:00 PM, vonVile said:

Then if I want to Disassemble it I then have to pick it up again before I'm allowed to do that.

There is an alternate way to do it, but it's an hassle nonetheless : equip the radio to either primary or secondary.  As an added bonus it will automaticaly open the device option window.

I do agree that it's somewhat of a chores to go through each radio individualy... especialy since I usualy wait until I have a few piles to remove the batteries then dismantle the radios.