In Game Map

Ocelot

Is there any plan to add an in game map to the game? I know there are some that exist online, and I know the areas in game well enough now to not really use them, but I've always thought it would be nice if one could be in game for our character to use.

This could take the form of starting with a blank piece of paper (journal/note book) and a pencil/pen, and as our characters explore the world they can then carry out an activity where they make a rough sketch of the area with its key features. Perhaps starting blank and then as we explore, the map gets drawn similar to how the fog of war disappears on other games. This would also allow us to mark the map for points of interest, indicate what buildings we have looted or want to return to, or make general scribbles.

I understand this would require a lot of work, so am certainly not calling for it now, but have always thought it would be a nice feature for the game. Is this even possible? Are there any plans to implement maps in game, in any format?

• 1 month later...