turbotutone

Hi,

I just made an extra radio station using this tool. Good fun.

A word of warning: if you write your text in a word processor and then paste it into WordZed, it might have trouble converting your apostrophes into the game, i.e. they will appear in WordZed, but not in the game. I had to replace every apostrophe in my text.

Otherwise, great stuff!

The station is here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=975088107

• 2 months later...
On 14/07/2017 at 8:29 PM, jajaqu said:

Hi,

I just made an extra radio station using this tool. Good fun.

A word of warning: if you write your text in a word processor and then paste it into WordZed, it might have trouble converting your apostrophes into the game, i.e. they will appear in WordZed, but not in the game. I had to replace every apostrophe in my text.

Otherwise, great stuff!

The station is here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=975088107

Ive downloaded it, its really good, but weird not hearing General McGrew making the same statement until the world ends

• 11 months later...

Edit: Scratch that, I just read the documentation which answered my question that I had previously.

Now I'm just getting errors trying to save:

Program will attempt to save to:
  -C:\WordZed - Version 1\projects\saves\Nairn Radio Files.xml

ERROR: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeBroadcastLine(XmlWriter w, BroadcastLineData line)
   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeBroadcast(XmlWriter w, BroadcastData broadcast)
   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeScript(XmlWriter w, ScriptData script)
   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeAdverts(XmlWriter w)
   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeFile(RadioFileData radioFile, String tempFile, String finalFile)
Finished...

Changing the name of the file so it doesn't have spaces doesn't seem to do anything, just produces the same error.

I think this is being caused by the adverts for some reason. Creating empty or multiple empty advert categories is fine, actually entering any info into them just causes this error to pop up. Comes up despite having a temporary broadcast.

Edited by MaxZorin44456
Found info, encountered error.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 4:54 PM, kiwi said:

You need to create a folder within the "C:\Users\*Username*\Zomboid\mods\" folder, in there you'll need to have a "mod.info" file and a "poster.png" file as well as a "media" folder which should contain a "radio" folder which should then hold the .xml file which are your broadcasts.

To create the "mod.info" file, just create a .txt file and copy in the below and change it about, save and then rename the fileformat to .info and it should work.

name=Test
poster=poster.png
id=Test
description=Test
url=???

After that you just need to enable it in your mods list and it should then start working.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/7/2018 at 6:03 PM, MaxZorin44456 said:

Edit: Scratch that, I just read the documentation which answered my question that I had previously.

Now I'm just getting errors trying to save:

Program will attempt to save to:
  -C:\WordZed - Version 1\projects\saves\Nairn Radio Files.xml

ERROR: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeBroadcastLine(XmlWriter w, BroadcastLineData line)
   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeBroadcast(XmlWriter w, BroadcastData broadcast)
   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeScript(XmlWriter w, ScriptData script)
   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeAdverts(XmlWriter w)
   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeFile(RadioFileData radioFile, String tempFile, String finalFile)
Finished...

Changing the name of the file so it doesn't have spaces doesn't seem to do anything, just produces the same error.

I think this is being caused by the adverts for some reason. Creating empty or multiple empty advert categories is fine, actually entering any info into them just causes this error to pop up. Comes up despite having a temporary broadcast.

Can someone tell me please how to fix that problem? Im trying to make a frequency with classical music but everytime Im creating a broadcast while fallowing that tutorial

I keep getting that same Error that

MaxZorin44456 had when tried to save it. I tried to save the Erin Radio mod template and it saving it without any errors, I noticed that my broadcast text not colored in green, but after fallowing all steps Im still getting that error. :(

Ok it seems like, colour stays for the 'voice' in that softwere, and you need to paint the text of your broadcast to avoid the Error when you saving your xml

8ef40733024e1b55-give-nothing-back-gif-tumblr.gif.bd93af1e26bd5c823775e86fced4f59f.gif

Edited by ravn

• 3 weeks later...

First, thanks a lot for this amazing tool !

I red the WordZed documentation and watched the video tutorial, and there is still 1 or 2 things I don't know how to do. First, there are several different types : Radio, Television, Military, Emergency, Amateur, Bandit. I understood that some radios can have a preset channel in it depending of it's type. But when you look at the radio/television tiles and item definitions : in the .tiles you can only define your object as "Radio" or "Television". And in the Item description (in /scripts/items_radio.txt of base game), the only argument that differs is "IsHighTier=TRUE or FALSE" (and also frequencies delta). I don't know what this argument IsHighTier defines. Is it for Military only, or Emergency too ? I think Radio = can include Radio channels, Military = can include Military channels. Amateur, I don't if it's for HAM items (which are defined in items_radio.txt) or Makeshifts items. Maybe both ? Maybe none ? My aim is to create a radio channel that broadcast a specific message. And I would like that an item I created have it on preset. Is it doable or am I going too far ?

• 5 months later...

turbotutone Can I request an update?
When I start the program, I need it to offer me the language with which I will work. Since I can translate normally from English into Russian, but from Russian into English it will be a little incorrect.
I would like to create a Russian radio, and only then transfer it to translate into English to a person. But here's chagrin - the program writes radio in English localization, not giving me the choice of my language.

1.png

2.png

• 2 years later...