turbotutone

WordZed

Version 1 - download

You can add custom radio data to the game via a mod.

The radio data including final translation files should go into "media/radio/" within the mod directory.

Optionally this simple mod package can be used to get started quickly:

RadioTestMod

Note: The current version may contain some bugs, which can be posted here when encountered.

Some additional info bits:

The following spoiler contains a list of channels from the games radio data, if you intend to use wordzed for custom contentavoid these channels unless you intentionally want to override a certain existing channels.

Spoiler

Wordzed    Game    Name
---------------------
93200    93.2    LBMW Kentucky Radio
98000    98.0    NNR Radio
101200    101.2    KnoxTalk Radio
89400    89.4    Hitz FM
91200    91.2    Civilian Radio

107600    107.6    Unknown Frequency
95000    95.0    Classified 'M1A1'

Tv (cable, undetectable)
200    N/A    Triple-N
201    N/A    WBLN News
203    N/A    Life and Living TV
204    N/A    TURBO
205    N/A    PawsTV

The following tutorial video has some information on the operating basics:

Manual:

Manual.docx

4 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Woo! Are people using this yet?

Any and all tips/tricks to make the interface more user-friendly will be appreciated!

Busy week for me, but I'll have a close look this weekend. Count on me for (constructive) criticism :P

I'm having trouble choosing the day for broadcasts to appear. In the video tutorial, it refers to the day value in the script scope (as well as the large font numbers corresponding to the day) - however I cannot find a way to actually change it.

Never mind, didn't notice that there was a manual below the video.  :-D

Edited by Mr_Sunshine

On 10/16/2016 at 1:35 PM, Sky_Orc_Mm said:

How do I add a new TV or radio channel?

Eya Sky_Orc, theres be a button under the Channels box for that. Wheter its a Tv or Radio channel can be set in the Category dropbox in the 'General' settings box of the channel.

Also, for those trying out the program, much appreciated! If you run into something or have general feedback leave a post.

Ive added a small section to the mainpost in which i will add some additional info over time that wasnt in the video or manual yet.

Regards,

Turbo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So, is there no way to actually get custom content created this way into the game? 

I feel like the instructions at the end of the manual are... over my head.

I created a new broadcast and script as a test, I recreated the first scene of Pulp Fiction and I wanted to see it in action

Edited by CzarUltra
more info

1 hour ago, CzarUltra said:

So, is there no way to actually get custom content created this way into the game? 

I feel like the instructions at the end of the manual are... over my head.

I created a new broadcast and script as a test, I recreated the first scene of Pulp Fiction and I wanted to see it in action

I'm going to rewrite the instructions this coming week so they're a bit clearer.

@turbotutone can you advise in the mean-time?

On 10/13/2016 at 9:38 AM, Batsphinx said:

Woo! Are people using this yet?

Any and all tips/tricks to make the interface more user-friendly will be appreciated!

I have a couple suggestions from screwing around with it for a couple of days.

I think being able to collapse the voices/channels toolbar would come in handy.  And then maybe a keyboard shortcut to create a new line of dialogue, like CTRL+ENTER.  Ability to change the voice of a selection of lines would also come in handy (for scenarios where you're changing multiple voices to one, or several lines within the same voice that should be different).  I'm thinking a keyboard shortcut like CTRL+Scrollwheel while you're entering text for a line that would allow you to scroll through the different color voices for that line would speed things up as well.  Also a way to split/merge broadcasts could be useful.

I'm no programmer, I have no idea how hard it would be to implement any of those things. But, it's pretty intuitive thus far. Although, I'm not sure how long I can make a broadcast before the next day starts.

Edited by CzarUltra
one more thought to go in there.

Sorry for the double post but I'm working on a mod and was curious about something.

I'm transcribing the script for an entire movie -- if it's too long, will it cut out if it plays over the first day? Do I need to split it into multiple broadcasts and set it so they play in succession?

Also, I've noticed on the broadcasts the blue and orange numbers -- in the normal files it appears those have been edited, but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Edited by CzarUltra
additional question

On 2/20/2017 at 6:14 PM, CzarUltra said:

I have a couple suggestions from screwing around with it for a couple of days.

I think being able to collapse the voices/channels toolbar would come in handy.  And then maybe a keyboard shortcut to create a new line of dialogue, like CTRL+ENTER.  Ability to change the voice of a selection of lines would also come in handy (for scenarios where you're changing multiple voices to one, or several lines within the same voice that should be different).  I'm thinking a keyboard shortcut like CTRL+Scrollwheel while you're entering text for a line that would allow you to scroll through the different color voices for that line would speed things up as well.  Also a way to split/merge broadcasts could be useful.

I'm no programmer, I have no idea how hard it would be to implement any of those things. But, it's pretty intuitive thus far. Although, I'm not sure how long I can make a broadcast before the next day starts.

Eya, should already be able to change a selection of lines to another voice (theres some more info on making selections in the documentation in bottom of main post) with a selection active, changing one of the selected lines voices will apply to the entire selection.

To change a color of a section of text within a line try 

[col=255,255,255]some text[/]

(these cannot be nested). I think this should be enabled currently for radio lines as well, if it doesnt work let me know.

additionally theres also 

[img=xxxx]

which can add display any icon, or the shorthand 

[img=music]

for music the notes, and 

[fnt=fontnamehere]some text[/]

which can display text in a different font loaded by the game.

23 hours ago, CzarUltra said:

Sorry for the double post but I'm working on a mod and was curious about something.

I'm transcribing the script for an entire movie -- if it's too long, will it cut out if it plays over the first day? Do I need to split it into multiple broadcasts and set it so they play in succession?

Also, I've noticed on the broadcasts the blue and orange numbers -- in the normal files it appears those have been edited, but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Timing the broadcasts is a bit tricky, the game can run in various time scales where an hour ingame could be 2.5 minutes or less in real time or it can run where a ingame hour is an actual real time hour. The lines however have to appear at the same pace for good readability. So when setting up broadcasts for a certain timeslot youll have to make sure that amount of lines fit somewhat in whatever the lenght of the timeslot is. Which comes to the second question about the blue and orange numbers, those represent the game time timeslot and they are calculated automatically based on the duration of the broadcast.

You should be able to edit the duration via this button:

40d785f7b30c68f8028e82340be20830.png

Then change the duration and it'll update the colored times:

5b5fe00d12306351aac23651abc507d7.png

resulting in a updated time slot:

399362d3e451ee799d956798ba7c7ad2.png

When setting the duration of a broadcast to 2 hours as in the image above, on the fastest time setting it would be about 1.2 real minutes so the amount of lines within the broadcast should more or less be able to be processed within that time frame. If you use the entire day (23:30) as duration you'll have 15 minutes on the fastest time setting.

The system will always try to finish the currently playing broadcast once its triggered, once finished it will be free to put a new broadcast on queue. If a certain broadcast takes extremely long to play then it might happen on fast time modes that it overlaps some follow up short duraction timeslots which wont get a chance to be aired as consequence.

Hope that clarified a bit, let me know if stuffs still unclear tho,

Turbo

Also, loading custom made radio files should work with the current IWBMS and beyond. To add them a mod can be used which should have "media/radio/" directory where all the files (xml and final translation txt files) should go.

Optionally you can use this simple mod package and edit the mod.info accordingly.

RadioTestMod.rar

20 hours ago, turbotutone said:

399362d3e451ee799d956798ba7c7ad2.png

I'm assuming the the blue and orange 0's mean days, like what day the broadcast starts and the duration before it stops repeating the broadcast each day, right? I can't find a way to change it :/ That's what I was curious about

(as for the other stuff I have to read to test it out, then I'll get back to you hahaha)
Thanks for helping me out with it!

np! and yea those blue and orange timestamps mark the begining and end of a timeslot, a timeslot being the the timeframe in which a broadcast is allowed to start.

The big number are the days indeed, relative to the day the script gets queued.

As for not being able to change it, could you clarify a bit what youre trying to do? perhaps i can add a few steps here to help achieve it

• 1 month later...

It is possible to make a radio station that transmits indefinitely in a loop.
I want to make a station that transmits messages to a server but I need to transmit indefinitely and that the messages are transmitted randomly or in a loop.
something like that.

This is an emergency release, stay in the exclusion area, avoid contact with the infected, gather in the safe areas.