Choose water/elecrticity shut off time

Zaidah

It would be cool if we could be able to choose how many days water and electricity will stay in solo player. We can choose it when we create our own server and if we could also choose it in SP it would be great (we could choose between a random amount of time like it is now, or a specific amount of time like on the server). And vice versa with the MP server, where we could choose to put a randomized amount of time :-)

Yes that's the point, it still is random and some days (like 0-30 days) can make a huge difference on your gameplay and all, and since you can put the exact number of day on a server (as well as on "survival" mode where it's fixed at 15 days, and not a random number between 0-30 as in sandbox option) it would be nice if we could choose this for SP as well.

I like the randomness of it how it is, as it adds the element of uncertainty and how you know its coming but cant plan for it. If I knew it would go off after say 15 days then I can plan accordingly, which would make the game easier in my opinion. I don't play multiplayer, but when you say Zaidah that you can set the days on the server, can other players see this, or is it only the host that knows?

I think only host can know (but I feel more like playing with some friends on this situation)

I have nothing about randomness of course, what I suggest would be a secondary option, and since you can balance/unbalance your world as you want in sandbox, I'd like to be able to choose when it will shut off (moreover, on the official survival mod, water and electricity always shut off the same day, it's not random, so why couldn't we in sandbox)

In fact it would be great if we could have a fusion of the solo player options and the multiplayer option, we could choose between more random settings (like 0-30 days water/electricity) or more specific settings (like when you write yourself the number of day)

Now you say it, the best would be to be able to choose manualy the random time, we could write for example between 20 and 40 days (or anything else) before water/electricity shut off.

I wish that because when I did a sandbox and harder mod of the "survival", the water and electricity shut off at day 2 (I set the option at "0-30 days") so it went a bit frustrating when it went off so early. This way we could set ourselves the minimum and the maximum time it will stay, so it could still be random and less frustrating if ever we want, like in the survival mod, have the warranty electricity and water will stay for some days so we have the time to fill some jericcan or other stuff like this.