Eerie Country Beta

Atoxwarrior

• 2 months later...

I continue to work on the map but I am dedicated to finishing the areas of forest and vegetation, it is hard work but it is necessary to continue building the towns of the map and the main city, everyday life has me busy and I can not spend all my time at Map, I hope you understand me. Work goes on in the shadows, textures x2 will be added. thank you for your patience. :-)

17434901_1309575112423227_30786869662582

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, OnceYouKillACow said:

do you have an estimated time this will be uploaded on to steam?

I can not give dates, or give estimate, the construction of a medium-sized house or a small building takes an approximate two and a half hours sometimes it takes four hours if I build it with several details, if one day I dedicate myself to detail The map can take several hours per cell depending on the amount of detail you need, several factors influence, and I only try to work on this map when I'm in good mood, I do it for the taste and the desire to have a map that If someone wants to help me with the work of this map, it will help me to build buildings, which consumes a good part of the progress, if someone wants to help me, I can contact him to assign him some work, I have 256 cells I have to detail and each area will have its particular design, currently I only have two villages finished, and I am currently working in the area of farms, I will update the post with my progress when this total Finally, I will upload it to steam, but in the meantime I will only release versions to test the progress of the map.

• 3 weeks later...

Remembering one of the first films of my youth, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD!!! I recreated the farm house and the cemetery of the film, it is not a completely accurate representation so I have added some details personally, but if I can say that study the film well to distribute correctly The rooms of the house according to the movie, including the basement with a special surprise, also informed that I have discovered how to make the vehicles appear in Eerie Country so it will not be a problem the transportation in this area, the map is quite large And that which is only a part of the final total.

18447294_1360644430649628_74656721440916

Atoxwarrior, your project is coming along very nicely. Everything you've posted looks fantastic. Reading your last post, regarding the basement gave me an idea. I did some quick research regarding moving the ground level from 0 to 1. Through experimentation I found that it's possible, with some glaring issues (no doubt you've tried this as well?). I got everything to work, except trees don't render, although they still cast shadows and make noise as you walk through them, and zombies only spawn in rooms. I could fix zombie spawning by making invisible rooms (maybe based on the 30x zombie map pixels). I realize that a few other things may break too that I've not tested for yet, and more importantly the PZ team will eventually allow for proper sewers and basements.

Keep up the great work, and keep posting those awesome pictures! :D

7 hours ago, Rekkie said:

Atoxwarrior, your project is coming along very nicely. Everything you've posted looks fantastic. Reading your last post, regarding the basement gave me an idea. I did some quick research regarding moving the ground level from 0 to 1. Through experimentation I found that it's possible, with some glaring issues (no doubt you've tried this as well?). I got everything to work, except trees don't render, although they still cast shadows and make noise as you walk through them, and zombies only spawn in rooms. I could fix zombie spawning by making invisible rooms (maybe based on the 30x zombie map pixels). I realize that a few other things may break too that I've not tested for yet, and more importantly the PZ team will eventually allow for proper sewers and basements.

Keep up the great work, and keep posting those awesome pictures! :D

Well I have never thought to experiment with that but it would be interesting to personally check the creation of basements, I do not know if it is possible to make everything work normal with this modification but something fun will be achieved.
Thank you for supporting the Eerie project is appreciated.

Eerie Country Has some delays in its update, I must find some buildings that are corrupt and do not let the map shit, I must find them and build them again, I fear that also because of the problems I have in my country I have had to deal with some things Of the university so I have not been able to make great progress, I hope to understand that this is a tedious and extensive process with the creation of the map but it is worth with all the new areas to explore, I already have the areas where the vehicles appear in The map so it will be perfect to be transported in this extensive map, when you have everything ready for the first test version of the map I will announce it as soon as possible.

18588733_1363619357018802_11134277767512

On 17.5.2017 at 6:51 AM, Atoxwarrior said:

Remembering one of the first films of my youth, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD!!! I recreated the farm house and the cemetery of the film, it is not a completely accurate representation so I have added some details personally, but if I can say that study the film well to distribute correctly The rooms of the house according to the movie, including the basement with a special surprise, also informed that I have discovered how to make the vehicles appear in Eerie Country so it will not be a problem the transportation in this area, the map is quite large And that which is only a part of the final total.

18447294_1360644430649628_74656721440916

Check out a free game on steam called No More Room in Hell, it has a pretty much 1:1 recreation of the NOTLD House you can get some references from if you want

5 hours ago, Rekkie said:

I must admit, I was curious as to why you've been getting corrupt buildings. Do you have any backup copies? Sorry to hear about all the problems. Looking forward to seeing your first release when it's ready, including using vehicles :)

I still do not know how to solve the problem with the corrupted buildings so I only locate them and delete them to replace them with others. Is the only method I have today.

And if Eerie will have its streets with vehicles :)

Here you can see the magnitude of the Eerie project, the free space on the right is what will be a big city in the future, just imagine the amount of work is monumental, someone to help me get a pc gamer because my current computer will explode With so much work hahaha.

18595361_1365216303525774_27056967990347