Eerie Country Beta

Atoxwarrior

Welcome to Eerie Country.
Explore the lands of the zombie apocalypse with another totally chaotic aspect, live the adventure in the lands of the shadows, diverse environments from the most urban areas through the swamps and dodging zombies in the ruins.
Thanks to all the support of the community for their contributions to this project and thanks to all the Patreon who keep the project alive and running.
This is a map in development so I appreciate your reports to fix the bugs you find you can write me directly by Discord. "Atox#7216"

This map is already available in the workshop and can be accessed through the following link:

Eerie Country Steam.

If you do not have steam you can download it directly and install it in the following location on your computer: C:\Users\user\Zomboid\mods

DOWNLOAD Eerie Country 

You can appreciate in this list of Youtubers a view of the map:

Currently the map is divided into 4 zones (A,B,C,D) only 3 are available, it is divided so that players can select the zone they like the most.

nUK78Kc.gif Current progress map of Eerie C.XmfkIg1.gif

iNMstOC.jpg

The central zone corresponds to the big capital city, it is currently under internal development and only available for the sponsors of the project, you can learn more about its development by visiting my public blogs on Patreon.

You can support my work in Patreon besides the map I want to dedicate time to new projects, your contributions will be of

great importance to improve the quality.

Click on the image to access the page.

zudfmcA.png

Edited by Atoxwarrior
Updated post added new details and also current image of the map development.

40 minutes ago, Unghin said:

As I understood this map separated from Muldraugh and WP, yes?

Also rooms in 'Twiggys' on 2nd floor MUST have windows. 

Will try it now :)

The map is attached to Muldraugh, located just south is only this beta is only a section full map so are not yet available roads that connect them, this beta only has 4 cells showing the population "Irvington "windows could be added but only in the hallways.

So, I played for a little time and what I can say:

Summarry map is very good! :lol: I has felt different spirit of vanila map.  Many various types of houses, with individual designed yards and 'patios'.  And well planned small spaces. I love it. But from position of architect student I want to give some remarks

You should keep balance between correct designing and decorating. Some types of your buildings have wierd planning, with huge rooms full of empty space, too big bathrooms, or to many doors for outside (even from bedroom! why? :huh:) and unlogical hallways.  So, somewhere houses have uneconomy used space and looks like rich mansions. One more issue to streets - where every house surrounded by roads - is wierd for street roads planning too. May be some points allowed in US architecture culture, but you should learn about it anyway. Best way to make correct building - using already exist planning for reffers (prototypes) from Archdaily (for example). 8-)

1 hour ago, Atoxwarrior said:

windows could be added but only in the hallways.

It is necessary to add in bedrooms, becouse it is harmfull to be in no lit rooms even while you just sleep there. No lit allowed only for the rooms used shortly. 

I  has found bug - the sink lying on a floor:

20161007054020_1.jpg

Later will play more. Good luck in developing! ^_^

Edited by Unghin

good'll take into consideration that aspect to build my buildings, noted that there are several buildings that are not mine so their designs can have some failures architectures which can not check thoroughly, "every detail of buildings" only in some cases where bugs are just as some of these files homes and buildings I can not fully edit, just try to correct some things hopefully not very serious problem.
thanks for the report.

11 hours ago, Atoxwarrior said:

good'll take into consideration that aspect to build my buildings, noted that there are several buildings that are not mine so their designs can have some failures architectures which can not check thoroughly, "every detail of buildings" only in some cases where bugs are just as some of these files homes and buildings I can not fully edit, just try to correct some things hopefully not very serious problem.
thanks for the report.

If you want I can try to crank out a few buildings for ya, and you can tell me which ones you like or don't like!

Queen Glory  if you want to make several buildings I recommend you look work Z3759xy several of his works are good works of art, each detail is splendid that's the kind of buildings that meet my requirements, but also accept jobs that are decent, should not be totally perfect but until they have bugs or errors in construction it is good for me.

Thank you Z3759xy for the reports.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah in the past I think i focused more on internal design than external but not that I look at it, external design of the house (However frustrating is may be some times) Is just as important. I think i'll probably experiment with outside design first. Quality is always better than quantity.

Edited by Queen Glory

I've been playing a bit in Eerie County now, I really like it. Haven't gotten to explore all of it, but what I've seen was great work, from lovely designed houses to experimental stuff like the thing with the large yard inside what I think I remember was maybe a cleaning firm? And the cafe with the glass bridge connecting 2 buildings... I could go on and on, but I haven't really seen much of the map yet. Also the train station is well designed, cool spawn point. So, good luck with the further development of it!

Thanks Lumbo, is very appreciated your comment, several of the buildings are not mine works, but then I'll upload credits to all creators of these magnificent buildings, I only built some buildings as was the train station, the police station the hospital, and some homes and businesses, but if I try and combine all is well in sight of the players. then I will continue expanding the territory this is just the beginning.

• 1 month later...

Several Irvington bugs were corrected, some improved buildings, new spawn points per profession, I am still working in the new town, Eren town, a small locale for the locals, with a business for the sale of pines, special for the Christmas season , I have had several delays the situation I am in is not very good at the moment and I try not to leave this project aside, I hope you understand, Eerie Country will continue to progress. 23/12/16

15591181_1218356074878465_26261008943408

15591576_1218357144878358_44455608844490