How to load a gun in lua?

nolanri

player:getPrimaryHandItem():LoadGun()

I want to give the gun ammo, whether its reloading the gun from ammo in inventory or just setting the current bullet count to 999, I don't care which I just need to give ammo to a gun in the players primary hand.

Help please

Edited by nolanri

4 minutes ago, tommysticks said:

Sup dude, I think you can use this:

local function reloadWeapon()
    local player = getPlayer();
    local primary = player:getPrimaryHandItem();
    primary:getModData().currentCapacity = primary:getModData().maxCapacity;
end

Thanks for replying but this just does not seem to work.

actually it did sort of work. seems like it triggers a normal timed action reload, but it only seems to work when there is 0 ammo in the gun. if there is 1 round still left it does nothing.

And its not working on my clones. which was the whole point of my question. I want to give my clones loaded guns and spawn in ranks like a fireing squad or something.

This worked fine for me:

local function pressTest(_keyPressed)
	local key = _keyPressed;	
	if key == 209 then -- PG DOWN 
		getPlayer():getPrimaryHandItem():getModData().currentCapacity = getPlayer():getPrimaryHandItem():getModData().maxCapacity;
	end
end

Events.OnKeyPressed.Add(pressTest);

4 minutes ago, tommysticks said:

It reloads with any amount.

Right i see it does now. it also triggers the timed action reload IF it has 0 ammo loaded.  But this only seems to work for the Local player. I'm trying to give loaded guns to additionally spawned players. Replacing getPlayer() with their player instance doesnt work.

I looked at the video for the mod you're working on, without seeing how you are adding the weapons I can only make a guess, you might be able to use something like this to make the weapons have 1000 rounds when they are spawned:

local startGun = player:getInventory():AddItem("Base.Shotgun");
startGun:getModData().currentCapacity = 1000;

...or some variation of that by storing the weapon in a variable before it's added.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-10-07 at 4:22 PM, tommysticks said:

I looked at the video for the mod you're working on, without seeing how you are adding the weapons I can only make a guess, you might be able to use something like this to make the weapons have 1000 rounds when they are spawned:

local startGun = player:getInventory():AddItem("Base.Shotgun");
startGun:getModData().currentCapacity = 1000;

...or some variation of that by storing the weapon in a variable before it's added.

It worked when i first loaded the gun in my local players hand AND THEN passed the item class instance to my clones.