Encryption multiplayer savegame

-King

On 05.10.2016 at 0:52 PM, kirrus said:

It... doesn't work that way. The decryption key has to be on the computer somewhere so it can use the save. And if it's there, it can be found, and read.

Yea, but there must be other ways to resolve this problem?It really is a problem on many servers.

2 hours ago, -King said:

Yea, but there must be other ways to resolve this problem?It really is a problem on many servers.

The devs are working on, have worked on, and continue to work on clever solutions, however, Multiplayer is not the core focus of the game currently. Whilst it is possible to run public open servers, it is not recommended, and if you do so you do so with the knowledge that the game still runs a lot client side, not server side. You will need a team of admins / moderators watching, recent additions to tooling in the IWBUMS branch should make this easier. 

If you want a perfect mp experience, I recommend a private server. 

8 hours ago, kirrus said:

The devs are working on, have worked on, and continue to work on clever solutions, however, Multiplayer is not the core focus of the game currently. Whilst it is possible to run public open servers, it is not recommended, and if you do so you do so with the knowledge that the game still runs a lot client side, not server side. You will need a team of admins / moderators watching, recent additions to tooling in the IWBUMS branch should make this easier. 

If you want a perfect mp experience, I recommend a private server. 

I've played enough enough in multiplayer, but still thank you for your answers.