Last Resort

nasKo

cooldigs-712x462.jpg

First off another quick note that we’re now curating a Build Status and Version History overview list so people don’t have to dredge through weekly Mondoids to find vids/images of stuff that’s liable to drop into the next build, or to check out what’s in IWBUMS testing. Smaller tweaks in PZ history aren’t mentioned, but the version list does go all the way back to the Steam release so is hopefully informative. We fleshed it out today, so have a peek if you fancy.

ANIMS AND MODELS

Work continues binding in all our various animations to the game and making it all as seamless as possible. Here’s something that just went in. Hope you like. [CONTAINS DISTURBING SCENES]

Secondly, we’ve been hearing a few community thoughts on the appearance of the new model faces, and were thinking similar ourselves – so we’ve fiddled with the mesh and the UVS of what’s being implemented to change the way the faces look, and especially on the female models. We added a few more vertices to the head (not enough to impact the poly count) so have more control over the eyes – and hopefully the results will be an improvement when they’re in-game.

lessalienlady

ADMIN THE BADMIN

As discussed last week, RJ’s turned his attention away from the suggestions of the survivor community – and towards the suggestions and quality of life of those who run and maintain PZ servers. We’ve already got his tiered admin system into the IWBUMS public test (and really could do with people setting up servers and bug-testing), so now he’s onto the next stage of his quest before returning to vanilla SP content.

“The new “player stats” admin panel is currently in test and going well” explains our favourite Frenchman, bar none. “I’ve fixed lot of bugs on it for the IWBUMS 35.18 which should be out soon. In 35.18 I’m also looking at dealing with people who copy/paste saves, and think I may have a decent solution but I need to make sure there aren’t any sync problems.”

“I’ve also added user logs to the player stats panel. Every time something weird happens to a player (lua checksum fail, dupe item found etc…) a log will be added and can be inspected by the Admin, who can also administer warning points and keep tabs on griefing and similar.”

RJplayerstats
VOIP

This past Friday we had another successful test of the new player voice system, that’ll let other players hear your verbal threats, mutterings and zombie-gasps should your character be standing in their proximity.

Comments from testers included “my voice came in loud and clear”, “the distance at which you can still hear people talking is great”, “Voice detection seemed quite good” and “The quality and 3D was awesome!”. This all said there were a few stability issues, so the guys at General Arcade are on a bug hunt that’ll hopefully soon culminate in a version we can tie into the current IWBUMS build.

HOW DO YOU DIE?

Cool cat ShylokVakarianf is running a survey about what exactly gets you killed in your playthroughs. It’s super-interesting and gives us a good idea of what’s causing the most fatalities currently in-game.

This week’s smart, sassy safehouse from Mr.Narsh. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send blogs like this and patch notes direct to your mailbox. We also live on Twitter right here! The CBOIT now also flags that our Discord is now open for chat and hijinks. Now with modding section!

The female overhaul was definitely needed, however i dont want to nitpick or sound like its a complain, but the delay of the animation update is because they are tying up the animations to the game systems and putting every missing animation in place making everything seamless.

From my point of view, i dont see the new animation of your character shooting himself in the head to be very useful right now or connecting it to make something seamless or a way to tie up to some game system.

The only thing that i wonder is, why focus a bit of time to add it now and not later?

23 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

The female overhaul was definitely needed, however i dont want to nitpick or sound like its a complain, but the delay of the animation update is because they are tying up the animations to the game systems and putting every missing animation in place making everything seamless.

From my point of view, i dont see the new animation of your character shooting himself in the head to be very useful right now or connecting it to make something seamless or a way to tie up to some game system.

The only thing that i wonder is, why focus a bit of time to add it now and not later?

Why not? After all, this build is clearly the "anims build". They're focusing their effort on building up and finishing everything they can concerning the anims so they can simply "forget them" and go on with the rest when it's time to work on build 36.

I mean, I understand why you'd ask that. But from an organisational perspective, I think that's how they should proceed. Start a thing, build it thoroughly, and leave it so you can entirely focus on a new feature. 

1 hour ago, Blyatman said:

Inb4 I press the wrong button and kill myself by mistake after which I proceed to smash my keyboard into the screen...

Doubt it will be a simple button press (in the sense that there's a danger of doing it on accident)

Shooting yourself looks nice ( that sounds bad D: ), but i think time needed or possibility to kill yourself should be based on depresion level/stress etc, cause now it looks like "- Fuc* this shit. - *gunshot*"

I know that is just an early state of anims, so treat it like a suggestion.

7 hours ago, nasKo said:

Doubt it will be a simple button press (in the sense that there's a danger of doing it on accident)

If is not a button press, then what it could be? I doubt it too because the first thing that came to my mind was "people are totally going to kill themselves by accident", and i cant see how other way there is to perform the action, even a context menu would be dangerous because of misclicks.

Or it could be character related to panic or whatever there is like Peter said

16 hours ago, Teesee said:

Why not? After all, this build is clearly the "anims build". They're focusing their effort on building up and finishing everything they can concerning the anims so they can simply "forget them" and go on with the rest when it's time to work on build 36.

I know but i find it kinda odd that we got the animation of shooting yourself in the head first but from the looks of the video we still dont get the animation of zombies kneeing down and chewing on a fresh dead human body.

Instead they just bite the air around the dead player and stand around when they kill you, which in my opinion is something more important to fill into the seamless gameplay systems than be able to shot yourself in the head.

Also i really want to see real combat against zombies with melee weapons, so far we haven't seen new attacks from zombies since they were disabled, we haven't seen if they are able to grab you, tackle you down, pull you down, bite you or scratch you while moving or anything new of that sorts.

Edited by Blasted_Taco

I like how i cans shoot myself so i can talk to random players now with 1 bullet loaded in the chamber of a pistol and be like "Hey buddy hows it going?" then shoot myself.

Also blasted taco is right i hope the animation of zeds chewin' meat is made soon.

Edited by Queen Glory

16 minutes ago, hunger john said:

at the end when he dies, they stoop down and chomp on him

I totally forgot about that one video, holy crap it has been almost 6 months since that video came out.

This just make me wonder why they didnt chomp on the dead guy in the recent video, guess that is really just testing, but still 6 months flew right out of the window, right now we had almost 3 months of "tying up animations into the system", i dont even know how much of a overhaul we can expect in this update since it has been so much work.