Text events

Keshash

Paradox-like events. These events are decisions that player can make leading to some problems or victories. Controversial victories.

These could impact character's moodles, traits (Mostly non-physical, like these, but they're not in yet), relations with players/npc and character's knowledge. Because of their text nature, it'd be better to have them trigger at the safe time. Possibly, when character goes to sleep.

More examples:

If player's character has unhappiness moodle:

"Joe, the guy in our group, has been pissing me off lately. My mood is even worse now.

- I should tell him all that I think about him. That could change something (-25 to Joe's opinion about me for a few days. Possible mood improvement)

- I have no time for it. I should get back to work instead. ( 95% chance, that character gets even more unhappy. Possible "Industrious" trait gain)

- I'll find a better way to improve my mood (Even bigger unhappiness, if character doesn't get +10 to mood in 12 hours)"

If player's character has some undiscovered recipe, that isn't too OP:

"I think, I can make a fishing net on my own. I just need to figure out how.

- What if I can remember it? I almost understand how it works. (Needs a pen/pencil and a paper. Spend some time before sleep. 5% of discovering a recipe)

- I could try it, but I'm not sure if it'll work (Adds experimental "Make fishing net" recipe, that has a chance of wasting materials, but can grant normal recipe).

- I should find a tutorial for it instead (Great mood boost, if character discovers "Make fishing net" recipe in a week).

- It's not worth it. (No effect. Event disappears.)" 

The main point of this is making non-urgent decisions that don't have a best choice. It's a good way to develop player's character's and npc's character... err, I mean, temper. Whatever. It sounded fun and worked good in all Paradox games. It could add even more of variety to PZ...

Or you rummage through some crates in a warehouse and you get a short text describing that there is some sweet loot under pieces of scrap metal.

You now have 2 options: take it or leave it.

Possible outcomes:

You decide to take it but make so much noise it attracted nearby zombies.

You decide to take it but hurt your hands in the process and broke the item.

You leave it but stumble on the debris and make noise that attract nearby zombies.

You successfuly take the item.

Etc.

Endless story telling possibilities :)

Maybe you could even tie it into doing quests for NPCs i mean you don't want it to pop up at an inconveniant time    for example

:shooting a horde of zeds, a pop up comes saying you have killed so many zombies you get the "xXZombiesniperXx trait" can't move or shoot when the window is up (could pause the game if single player) but since your playing multiplayer you get swarmed in seconds and die.