3D Models

tommysticks

Has anyone figured out how to use loadStaticZomboidModel()?

I know it was mentioned in the 35 IWBUMS that an in-game method for loading weapons was added, but no examples were given. I found the mentioned  function in zombie/Lua/LuaManager$GlobalObject.class and it says public... which leads me to believe this is what they added. I've messed around with it a bit, but haven't gotten anything to work.

Screenshots attached.

load%20static.png

load%20static%202.png

52 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Jab's model loader format doesn't work with the game. TIS needs to release their own converter tool, but priority goes to animations right now.

I'm aware that his model loader doesn't work, but when the new IWBUMS was released they said "native model loader for static models added." This is a new function that I came across and figured it was what was mentioned.  

Edited by tommysticks

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2016 at 2:30 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

It's a function name meant to provide backwards compatibility with Jab's model loader, but the game now uses TIS's own model loader.

It won't work with Jab's models and we don't have TIS"s conversion stuff yet to make it work for modding purposes.

Any movement on this? I would love to have custom models again...

9 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Any movement on this? I would love to have custom models again...

Well you can always do it the first way that was discovered by Fuji and just throw in a couple of lines in the ModelManager.class file. That's how I've been doin it with my weapon mod since model loader went down. 

27 minutes ago, tommysticks said:

Well you can always do it the first way that was discovered by Fuji and just throw in a couple of lines in the ModelManager.class file. That's how I've been doin it with my weapon mod since model loader went down. 

Yeah, I remember, but, that requires a update anytime the game updates...

Annoying, but if that's the way it has to be its the way I'll do it.

Just hoping the devs would have an update.