Depth - Choose Your Own Adventure!

Rathlord

11 minutes ago, blindcoder said:

Question I assume we have no ready option to identify the vials. Do the contents "seem" identical?

Also, how urgent is it to deliver it? Can we do it "some time today" or rather "ASAP"?

The contents look very similar. More details when I get home. 

As for time, Dr. Wilson tells you that the other vial will become unreactive much quicker, in only 6 hours or so. The lab needs it right away to have time to work with it. 

A

At some point I want to go see Dr. Wilson and have her inspect this thing to see if it has anything to do with the sick guy. Not right now, but if that's it'd be great if that became in option in the next entry or two.

Edit: Whoops! Wrong person. I want to see the resident doctor and have them analyze the vial.

Edited by TheWraithPlayer

11 hours ago, Rathlord said:

As for time, Dr. Wilson tells you that the other vial will become unreactive much quicker, in only 6 hours or so. The lab needs it right away to have time to work with it. 

Damn, that makes swapping the label stupid.

Unless... I'm waiting for more info re my question before saying anything more! :)

On 9/30/2016 at 6:36 AM, LeoIvanov said:

First of all - examine the bioluminescent enzyme - what it is, what is it useful for, and what does it do.

The bioluminesent enzyme is in a tall but narrow vial, slightly larger than a man's pointer finger. Inside is a viscous, white-yellow fluid. The fluid looks docile in the lights, but if you put it somewhere dark you can see it glow, and it seems to glow more the darker its surroundings.

About its chemical composition, you know little beyond what Dr. Wilson has told you. Biochemistry isn't your strong suite. You recognize that bioluminescence enzymes are created by creatures that glow in the dark. It's used for various purposes depending on the type of life-form. Your skill in chemistry reminds you that where there are chemical reactions that put off light, there is almost always some heat generated as well. Feeling the flask, it is indeed slightly warm to the touch.

You can't tell the contents apart from the other vial at a glance, but you might be able to if you had both vials with you. The other vial is currently with Dr. Wilson awaiting reply to her question.

Edit: Probably update tomorrow, if you want to vote get it in the next 18 hours or so!

• 3 weeks later...

As you may have guessed, I unfortunately have had to put this on hold. Sorry for not being more forthright about it, but I've been going through some personal stuff and not had much time/motivation for this kind of thing. Sorry to everyone who played this far with me, you guys rock. I would like to pick it back up in the future but we'll have to see what happens.