So ... You may have covered this before but Why Muldraugh?

chewgowski

I recently went strolling around Muldraugh via Google Street view and was pleasantly surprised by the astonishingly job you guys have done getting the town's feel down (some of the details too, such as the hotel; awesome job)

Does the dev team have connection to this little Kentucky 'city' ? If not, how/why did you guys decide to stage PZ here? 

Also are any actual Muldraugh residents zomboiders? How does the popular feel every time they hit up Google and see result after result taking about a zombie plague outbreak?

Anybody? Do you guys have like a secret contact living there feeding you information? If not, I'm gonna go and set this up.

I know answers to all the questions :D But it's more fun not to. There's an intentional air of mystery to PZ, both in the circumstances and the setting. That's intentional. if you snoop around you may find yourself some answers, and you may not. If you do find some answers, consider that it's a justly earned reward, and consider letting others earn it themselves as well. Good luck!

41 minutes ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

I have wondered this before. I'm also still not sure why this' set in the 90s. Is there a reason for that or...

I think one reason is just damn the 90s were awesome, we had PlayStation and no internet or cell phones.

Also grunge music (I have no idea)

Just now, Rathlord said:

I know answers to all the questions :D But it's more fun not to. There's an intentional air of mystery to PZ, both in the circumstances and the setting. That's intentional. if you snoop around you may find yourself some answers, and you may not. If you do find some answers, consider that it's a justly earned reward, and consider letting others earn it themselves as well. Good luck!

I feel like I've just stumbled into a masons meeting 

If I ask more questions will I suddenly disappear from the forum forever?

Taken off to THE ISLAND

excuse me, the ohio river is NOT IMPORTANT?

Here are some really cool facts about the ohio river

1)It has a larger volume than the Mississippi river.

2)There are 20 dams on the Ohio River, and they are operated by the Army Corps of Engineers... wait WHAT? WHAT?

THE REASON TIS PICKED MAULDROUGH CONFIRMED!

WE WILL BE ABLE TO BUILD MEGA BASES IN PZ TO SURVIVER MEGA HORDES CONFIRMED.

2 hours ago, Crazy ManMan said:

Origionally it was set in modern day, as they had flat screens and everything in game for a little while, but I think they changed it to the 90s for convience, and because zombies are more able to take over then than today (not that they would not take over today. Pathologist studies show that they would in fact very quickly overwhelm a city like new york. Likely in less than 24 hours from the first zombie getting there, though the countryside might not see their first zombies for as long as a few months depending on a large number of factors of course. The study I was reading though did not factor in cars, planes, and people making a break for it to the country, but it did factor in headshot only to kill, blood/bite born, and it assumed all zombies could run).

As far as location I thought it had something to due with fort knox, but I do not really know.

I thought myself that modern day would have too many methods of communication etc etc and and excuse to mention Kim Deal every now and then doesn't hurt

In regards to location it's obviously on a hell mouth, Lemmy is the chosen one

7 hours ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

I'm not sure, but lets split up and look for clues! Chewgoski and Queen Glory search the creepy haunted basement, while Blasted_Taco, Crazy ManMan and I search the perfectly safe second floor that has bright lights and scooby snaxs!

Woah there, hold onto your cravat a second, I'm not going into no basement. Lets think about this a second. What would Spiffo do?

18 minutes ago, Crazy ManMan said:

We have the technology to stop zombies for certain but we simply do not have the ability to manufacture the devices to do it fast enough before they would overrun with shear numbers. If we had machines just laying around for containing and killing zombies and the government already had a solid zombie plan they would not take over but by the time  we could get the treds on the ground there would already be more than we could stop. Basically once a city gets over run it is game over (unless we get luck), and 24 hours is a very short amount of time to respond to a threat. If I recall correctly average military response time is between 48 and 72 hours. If zombies were not headshot only we could definitely wipe them out with our current arsenal, but being headshot only makes them pretty hard to wipe out in mass without inventing new weapons for the new threat.

The interesting thing about PZ its that it seems to be some sort of airborne thing too since some people got sick without getting bit.

Something like that would cause mass confusion. 

23 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

excuse me, the ohio river is NOT IMPORTANT?

Here are some really cool facts about the ohio river

1)It has a larger volume than the Mississippi river.

2)There are 20 dams on the Ohio River, and they are operated by the Army Corps of Engineers... wait WHAT? WHAT?

THE REASON TIS PICKED MAULDROUGH CONFIRMED!

WE WILL BE ABLE TO BUILD MEGA BASES IN PZ TO SURVIVER MEGA HORDES CONFIRMED.

From what I can gather as info 7 912 m3/s at Metropolis (average?) and it's biggest volume/s (big nasty rain) at the same point : 52 400 m3/s.

St-Lawrence river 12,101 m3/s at Quebec city (wich is not it's widest/furthest point, but is also the point where sea (tide) begin/stop to have an impact).

But winter would definitely not be from november to febuary there ;)

As for dams (something from up north with 135 000 000 m3 of water in the upper bassin.... compared to 19 554 000 m3 for hoover dam)... hqdefault.jpg

But then again... we got no real merit... with about 2.7% of the world soft water there is bound to be a few big rivers over here ;) (and yeah... it's unfair as we have only 0.3% of world population... then again... winter)

6 minutes ago, Crazy ManMan said:

Well it could have been food or water born, maybe insect even. Given the lack of maiming though it does seem possible many got infected without getting bitten, but that may be just because it is not a finished game.

Those damn burgers will be the death of us ;)

33 minutes ago, Crazy ManMan said:

Well it could have been food or water born, maybe insect even. Given the lack of maiming though it does seem possible many got infected without getting bitten, but that may be just because it is not a finished game.

The devs hinted however at people turning without begin bit, thus dying wearing their job uniform, that was around this mondoid.

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2016/06/career-zeds/

53 minutes ago, Crazy ManMan said:

idk, does not seem like it really hinted at it much, just that they got infected at work. Could easily still be a bite, but the radio does mention something about a thickness in the air I remember seeing once, but I assumed it was simply referancing the smell of death.

It was not in that mondoid, it was after that mondoid someone in a thread said why would people keep working and turned near their job instead of going home with their family and someone said that they could have shown symptoms without begin bitten and died later.

Also in the TV, like the last days of trassmission, there is a reporter saying that he got it somehow, he wasnt in contact with the infected directly, and i quote.

People are sick here. Sick without the bite

Just saw twenty people in an Old Folk's Home die in an hour.

*cough*I know what people will think.
But I haven't taken a scratch.
No bite marks.
Closest I've been to those poor dead bastards is 20 feet.
But I've got it. I've got the sickness.
Unless this is flu or some sick joke.
*cough* *hack*
This is it. I'm dying.

Archived