No freezers?

Blyatman

So I recently started playing again after I quit in order to focus on my final school year and I noticed something. I am playing on my save game from march and just last night I found a freezer for the first time! Since I had explored all of Muldraugh before build 34 non of the new foods like marinara, rice, pasta etc. etc. spawn for me. I am cool with that since I have a ton of food anyway and I haven't even visited West Point and Valley Station yet. Anyway I didn't even know freezers were added as containers until now. Why don't they appear in explored areas though? It's not like you have to add a new sprite to every home they are a container within the fridge. I honestly don't care about all the food I might miss from the entire town if they appear empty in my game I just want them for winter preservation. Could this be added in the future for previously explored areas or am I stuck without a freezer forever? Also side question. Did the old dogfood get removed? I noticed that I am missing about 20 cans from home and I could not for the life of me find any more cans in previously visited but unlooted homes. Last night I ended up finding a can along with some of the build 34 foods in the trailer park near the farmers market. I never visited the trailer park before so thats why the new loot spawned there. The only explanation I can give myself is that the old dogfood item was removed from the game when they added nutrion and this is a new item completely. Still a shame though I was saving it for when canine companions get added. I wanted some of that I am Legend feel in my game hehe.

If you're on an old map version, an old save game, you won't get any new features in the world until you travel somewhere you've never been before. When you visit a place, it's version of the world becomes fixed in your save game.

To see all the new features afresh you need to start a new game

9 hours ago, kirrus said:

If you're on an old map version, an old save game, you won't get any new features in the world until you travel somewhere you've never been before. When you visit a place, it's version of the world becomes fixed in your save game.

To see all the new features afresh you need to start a new game

Yeah I know that is why I am holding back on going out of Muldraugh until 35 gets released. I was just curious if there is a way to get the freezers/mailboxes from build 35 to work in previous areas. Thanks!

Archived