DEAD PIXELS (No reset)

Paul Redeker

Sorry for the 10 minute downtime.  Zombie ID error popped up.  I had to delete the files using my phone.  Touch screen to remote server is not the easiest way to do that.   But on the bright side I got a more specific error.  So the fix I put in didn't work, but appears we are closer to figuring out the problem.

Build 35 updates (when it comes out)

I have the ability to make PVE zones.  Looking for suggested places.  Won't be many.  I'm thinking about the Quarantine Zone in Phoenix and the Military Hospital in Drayton.   Any other ideas. 

Again, you'll be limited to 2 characters when we update. So be prepared.  Name changes after your 2 will be up to the mercy of myself and your reasoning.  Heavy lies the crown. 

Busy day.  Last note though. 

If you continually harass or grief the same players/bases and add no value to the server, we'll have a chat.  If you don't see the error of your ways and continue...you'll get a temp time out.  Etc. Etc.  Who decides?  Well me of course.  You play at my leisure on a server I pay for.  Heavy lies the crown.   Just an FYI in the future for the day we all new was coming is here. 

1 hour ago, Jack Bower said:

Bandits and roleplay are always a tricky mix. Best advice is if you intend to do villainous acts to try and keep it classy and don't just come out of the forest pistol spamming people.

Bandits are fine.    And abuse/griefing is subjective.  But I pay a hefty price for the server every month so I get to be the one who decides.  That's why we'll have a chat first and progress from there.  I have no problem kicking troublesome players that add nothing to the server but to discourage other players from showing up.  So I'm not really kicking them, I'm gaining value added players.

24 minutes ago, hunger john said:

Seems like a dick move to post these profiles here without even mentioning what they actually did

Griefing. We had a chat, they decided the server was no longer for them.  They decided to come back a few hours later and start all over again.  Kicked them a few times. Came back as different players to start it up again so they got banned. 

*edit* This was after several days of the same behavior. 

Edited by Paul Redeker

We were not griefing those people. They had a base just south of ours and we were trying to run them out of our area we deemed ours. ( was planing to make a faction called the grave robbers since our base is in the woods near the grave yards)

A tactic of raiding their base that the game allowed us to do was swarm their base with zeds as we went in for the loot.

At first it was easy. They built walls that we started knocking down. It got hard only because they had friends in high places (nice shot Donny). Sure we stirred your stagnant shit pot a bit, but we were only playing the game a different way. We were the necessary evil any old sand box needs to spice up things a bit. Our actions brought players together to stop us and apparently they had the favoritism of the owner which got us permo kicked from the server.

Im sorry you thought we were griefing and im sorry people cried to you about us.

our stashes are around x2981 y13052 we have allot of stuff hidden in the woods enjoy your time on that awesome server people. 

Edited by MrTurner

I was one of the people who was getting bothered. I appreciate Paul helping out. I can understand if they are just stealing.. after all it's the apocalipse... but to destroy our stuff, draw tons of zeds in on purpose to mess up our base and just generally messing up our buildings and stuff. I did not actually notice particular things gone... they were not after the stuff.... and they did kill several of us in our own base, several times for no reason

4 hours ago, MrTurner said:

We were not griefing those people. They had a base just south of ours and we were trying to run them out of our area we deemed ours. ( was planing to make a faction called the grave robbers since our base is in the woods near the grave yards)

A tactic of raiding their base that the game allowed us to do was swarm their base with zeds as we went in for the loot.

Although this server community decided it wasn't the place for it, a server dedicated to agressive pvp faction play would be awesome! Please reply if you know this is already happening somewhere!

6 hours ago, MrTurner said:

At first it was easy. They built walls that we started knocking down. It got hard only because they had friends in high places (nice shot Donny). Sure we stirred your stagnant shit pot a bit, but we were only playing the game a different way. We were the necessary evil any old sand box needs to spice up things a bit. Our actions brought players together to stop us and apparently they had the favoritism of the owner which got us permo kicked from the server.

Im sorry you thought we were griefing and im sorry people cried to you about us.

our stashes are around x2981 y13052 we have allot of stuff hidden in the woods enjoy your time on that awesome server people. 

You would have greatly helped your situation if you had stated this instead of just stirring shit in global and then threatening the server. No ban is necessarily permanent. I'll inform the players at said base and give them a day to decide if they wish to move or stay.  Your bans will then be revoked and it's up to you if you want to return or not.