DEAD PIXELS (No reset)

Paul Redeker

Not fun, This server is not at all what it says it is, There is favoritism among players gifts and even god mode. I think most of the shenanigans that  go on here are even admin backed to make them successful. I played on here for only 2 weeks got to know the players made friends even joined a faction. And started work on friendships and alliances. When the alliance got to 5 factions that is when the grieffing   started and was 100% backed by Admin Paul...

This can go back and forth as to truth and lie forever, But this was my experience on this server, There was even a time where and event was set up for a drop and me and 2 others prep'd for 45min to get to this drop and when we made it there and to the top of the bldg we got admin booted off into a sea of Zed's and were defenseless cause we had used all are ammo and such to get there,

Not Fun ...There is WHY too much admin abuse on this server to put any long term time into a toon here, Remember this was in only my 2 week time here and was only a small % of things that had happen that was not right..

Just posting my experience, And was a bad one, Single player it is a great game but multi player it is hard to find a fair server out there where everyone is on the same playing field.   

On 12/10/2016 at 6:34 PM, Nordak Skullgrinder said:

Not fun, This server is not at all what it says it is, There is favoritism among players gifts and even god mode. I think most of the shenanigans that  go on here are even admin backed to make them successful. I played on here for only 2 weeks got to know the players made friends even joined a faction. And started work on friendships and alliances. When the alliance got to 5 factions that is when the grieffing   started and was 100% backed by Admin Paul...

Nah, I've been on the server since shortly after it started. Player hunters and "griefing" (more like raiding) appeared before there were real factions. Bedford is freakin' FULL of loot/large caches - including high level player crafted items, lots of people broadcasting the latter on global, and way fewer zeds then normally in Bedford. The latter might have to do w/ five factions + independent players.  Also, large #s of zeds can screw up the Bedford map. Finally, this isn't exactly a secret server and was formerly Terminus: I think there are Youtube videos of both servers! So, yeah, there will be attacks and by very experienced, or just plain dickish, players at that.

Has admin put their thumb on the scales for either community builders or raiders? Maybe, I don't know for sure but it would suck if he didn't tweak the experience here and there. He'll teleport new characters to each other, help traders set up a trading post, and has military drops even though there is tons of loot on the server! Seriously... The one time I think I saw admin helped raiders, we fought stupidly anyway (I do mean stupidly. I mean, wow.) and, afterwards, my new character found his way back to his well stocked fortress. *shrug* I'm very picky about servers and this is one of two that I'll play on.

Edited by wanderinbilly

On 12/10/2016 at 7:34 PM, Nordak Skullgrinder said:

This can go back and forth as to truth and lie forever, But this was my experience on this server, There was even a time where and event was set up for a drop and me and 2 others prep'd for 45min to get to this drop and when we made it there and to the top of the bldg we got admin booted off into a sea of Zed's and were defenseless cause we had used all are ammo and such to get there,

Not Fun ...There is WHY too much admin abuse on this server to put any long term time into a toon here, Remember this was in only my 2 week time here and was only a small % of things that had happen that was not right..

Just posting my experience, And was a bad one, Single player it is a great game but multi player it is hard to find a fair server out there where everyone is on the same playing field.   

Instead of writing a long  drawn out rebuttal to your accusations I'll just say sorry you feel you were wronged in someway. You and another faction member are the only ones who quit or had complaints. And that was after your faction fell apart from the inside. The server has grown in popularity, which as I warned earlier in the threads would bring bandits to the server. If you have a public base with signs to it's location, they are going to head straight for you...just like in the real Apocalypse.  Hopefully we'll see you again on the server taking the lessons learned or if not I wish you luck  on your search for another server that fits your play style.

23 hours ago, wanderinbilly said:

-snip-

17 hours ago, Paul Redeker said:

-snip-

On 12/10/2016 at 6:34 PM, Nordak Skullgrinder said:

-snip-

no one mentions the boot off into a sea of zeds. even the admin neither accepts it nor denies it. what am i to think?

1 minute ago, Romzie said:

no one mentions the boot off into a sea of zeds. even the admin neither accepts it nor denies it. what am i to think?

If you look in an earlier comment in this thread Paul banned two people who led zeds to some guys base to raid it and there were claims of griefing and other stuff. But Paul may screw around and throw smoke bombs in your base to troll you sometimes but I've never heard of him teleporting you to a bunch of zombies, could it be possible? Yes, is it likely? Not really.

I was on that night, and what I gathered is they camped the place before the event even started. They were at the top of the building before the event started and where the loot would spawn. Admin done the right thing and made them start again by harmlessly sweeping them off the roof when he started the event. He might of not known there was zombies at the bottom, but he did offer to reimburse you. I remember that much.

Also, while I'm here, are the mod maps spawning okay? I know BF and ND are always solid, but on other servers some mod maps don't spawn at all. Been thinking about taking a trip to a few, but it will be a waste of time if they don't spawn.

Does this server reset regularly?

I mean in terms of soft resets and hedges, etc.

Does anyone have a breakdown of where factions hang out? I had only a few experiences on this server. Some good, some bad. The admin offered to look into the bad for me, but I had at the time just moved on. But I appreciated the offer.

My problem on this server was when I logged on to play, nobody was around often. Or at least not in towns I spawned in and nobody talked to me in global chat when I asked, despite 7 people being on.

If I start again with the new build this week, I would prefer not to get murdered right away for intruding on turf....But I also hate safe zones. I tend to build out in the woods.

What sort of "Events" take place? I keep hearing reference to events, but not seeing what they are

Edited by AssReaper

9 hours ago, Suede said:

I was on that night, and what I gathered is they camped the place before the event even started. They were at the top of the building before the event started and where the loot would spawn. Admin done the right thing and made them start again by harmlessly sweeping them off the roof when he started the event. He might of not known there was zombies at the bottom, but he did offer to reimburse you. I remember that much.

Also, while I'm here, are the mod maps spawning okay? I know BF and ND are always solid, but on other servers some mod maps don't spawn at all. Been thinking about taking a trip to a few, but it will be a waste of time if they don't spawn.

I forgot to pull a sheet rope. I took out the stairs to the roof. There was hella valuable loot so people weee going to have to work together to get it or wait and hope that it was still there later. They were ported to a safe spot and a bunch of ammo was dropped for them any anyone else who arrived. They survived a long time before dying. One of their teammates still made it to the roof first and got good loot.  I offfered to restore the 2 characters skills that died since it was my fault for leaving a rope down.  But that's not the reason they are upset.  They had a civil war in their faction and the notion that everyone on a public server is going to be altruistic and build a public communit didn't come true. . It was bound to happen. Server is getting more popular and you can get guns easily. Most players have adapted. The pve zone will be brought in for 35 for those that would like to have a different experience. 

As for all the mod maps.  Only BEdford,ND and south muldraugh respawn.  But most of the other maps have been largely untouched. 

2 hours ago, AssReaper said:

Does this server reset regularly?

I mean in terms of soft resets and hedges, etc.

Does anyone have a breakdown of where factions hang out? I had only a few experiences on this server. Some good, some bad. The admin offered to look into the bad for me, but I had at the time just moved on. But I appreciated the offer.

My problem on this server was when I logged on to play, nobody was around often. Or at least not in towns I spawned in and nobody talked to me in global chat when I asked, despite 7 people being on.

If I start again with the new build this week, I would prefer not to get murdered right away for intruding on turf....But I also hate safe zones. I tend to build out in the woods.

What sort of "Events" take place? I keep hearing reference to events, but not seeing what they are

I resets planned ever.  But a build update could force it.  But I've never seen it force one.  But I can't guarantee. 

Currently Ly the majority of them hang in BEdford.  Most are neutral to friendly.  But because it's pop dense you have bandits roaming around.  Everywhere is pretty chill even if you run into players. 

The server has has been pretty busy lately.  Evening to early morning east coast time.  Very vocal during those times too. And a lot of players have started using the DISCORD to chat outside of the global chat integration. 

Ive only run air drop events once a week maybe to get hard to find items I notice players asking for. Sometimes they are as easy as just getting there.  Some of them are riskier for more valeuabke loot.  Either way it gets items in need to server players either for capturing them, trading or killing.  

7 hours ago, Paul Redeker said:

I resets planned ever.  But a build update could force it.  But I've never seen it force one.  But I can't guarantee. 

Currently Ly the majority of them hang in BEdford.  Most are neutral to friendly.  But because it's pop dense you have bandits roaming around.  Everywhere is pretty chill even if you run into players. 

The server has has been pretty busy lately.  Evening to early morning east coast time.  Very vocal during those times too. And a lot of players have started using the DISCORD to chat outside of the global chat integration. 

Ive only run air drop events once a week maybe to get hard to find items I notice players asking for. Sometimes they are as easy as just getting there.  Some of them are riskier for more valeuabke loot.  Either way it gets items in need to server players either for capturing them, trading or killing.  

I think you interpreted that as Hard reset. Soft resets are usually a different ball of wax. We have them twice weekly on the server I frequent. A certain amount of commercial buildings reset(Downtown buildings, gas stations, Hardware store, Giga mart, the mall type places), and hedges and stuff like that also reset outside the church.

We have a ton of builders like Mori/Mescalin who take hedges for the purposes of basebuilding. But unlike real life, hedges are pretty rare.

Word is, the next build is so different from 34 and with new spots overlaying that we will need a hard reset. Not sure if characters wipe too or not. But our map is completely built on

56 minutes ago, Jack Bower said:

How many admins does this server have? This thread seems to have an underlying theme of admin abuse and I am personally curious if it is true or not.

I've been on the server for 2 1/2 months. One admin plus a developer. I'm impressed that, in spite of having so many towns, the server doesn't melt down. There is no admin abuse. The only favor I've had is when I lost a toon to a corrupt save. As for being messed with? If he did mess w/ me, I didn't notice and/or care. Srsly, he'a air dropping stuff to a map full of loot and will teleport players! He spoils players if anything and he's really responsive to very entitled demands imo. As for game play, the biggest turnoff has been the overpopulation of Bedford Falls complete w/ the annoyance of multiple, mostly ineffective factions.

Regarding the ambush at the drop site, my character was picking up stashed items and so saw 3 characters killed - who had just helped him in Phoenix - and had to hide until I could get my sniper rifle in order.  ...it was actually fun and exciting. :-D  (Sorry guys.)

Anyway, admin abuse? No.

Edited by wanderinbilly

It's just me and one other.  But the other admin is solely to check out server mechanics. She helps out with server MX and like now when I'm out of town if the server needs a reboot or updates. .  The DISCORD channel has a separate channel that we can stream server commands and alerts us to certain things in real time.  Stuff like that is investigated pretty thoroughly if I suspect anything.  The server costs are about $150 a month. So I have a very vested interest in not letting people's bases get given away and then leave the server.  At some point if the server gets super popular I'll have to add admins.  But it's tough.  It's not that glamorous having all that power and it can be very corruptible to some people.  And that will ruin a server quick. So it's hard to find a trustworthy candidate.  

13 hours ago, Paul Redeker said:

It's just me and one other.  But the other admin is solely to check out server mechanics. She helps out with server MX and like now when I'm out of town if the server needs a reboot or updates. .  The DISCORD channel has a separate channel that we can stream server commands and alerts us to certain things in real time.  Stuff like that is investigated pretty thoroughly if I suspect anything.  The server costs are about $150 a month. So I have a very vested interest in not letting people's bases get given away and then leave the server.  At some point if the server gets super popular I'll have to add admins.  But it's tough.  It's not that glamorous having all that power and it can be very corruptible to some people.  And that will ruin a server quick. So it's hard to find a trustworthy candidate.  

and it can be annoying to be admin. People just air grievances constantly instead of thanking you for doing the best you can on a server. Entitled generation.