DEAD PIXELS (No reset)

Paul Redeker

Fuck John and his love for the bottle.  I told Kim we should have never taken him in.  "But what about his family?" she whined. Fuck him and his family.  They ruined the safehouse.  Got half us killed. And I don't know if Kim is even still alive.  Maybe I'm better off.  Not the first time a great piece of ass got me in trouble.  Haha.  I hope she packed a bug out bag like I told her to.  I told her to head south if trouble came, and boy did it ever.  Too much whiskey in John.  Got in a fight with his old lady and fired off the shotgun.  Oh Lord did the zeds for miles around hear that shit!  Hundreds of them knocked down the walls.  I don't feel bad at all ripping the shotgun out of his hands and pushing him into the beasts.  Serves him right.  Fucking drunk, abusive asshole.  Grabbed my bag and got the hell out of dodge.  Only turned back once to see a flaming chaos coming from the compound.  Fucking complacency kills.  No crying over spilt brains I guess.  Time to hit up Knox county and see what the situation is like there.  Before the radio went out there were reports of a miltary run refugee camp south of Muldraugh.  See if I can get some good loot there and build me a solo shack....for me and Kim if I can ever find her again.  I never did learn from my mistakes.....
zombie_apocalypse_survivor_by_fonteart-d

DEAD PIXELS has been launched.  Welcome to 6 months after the apocalypse has started. .   The community will decide how the story and settings progress.  Currently it's 6 months after the outbreak with limited survivors in the area.    Just search DEAD PIXELS in the public listing

*Edited Current settings as of 15 Octoberish

Food Rare, Other loot uncommon, Guns/Ammo High

There is still a stockpile of items from when settings were high and there are a few maps that have not been touched.

Respawn every 6 hrs IRL

Most maps (Dreadwood, New Denver, Downtown, Bedford Falls, Pine Grove, Phoenix, Drayton to name a few)

Several Mods including the 2 favorites, Hydro/ORGM. 

You start with a generous starter kit with the background of a seasoned survivor who was forced to move into the Knox Area after your old safe house was overrun. 
You can also keep up and chat with the server when not in game via DISCORD (Dead Pixels DISCORD link)

We have an auto translator as well. It detects your base game language and will translate accordingly unless you turn it off for game chat. 
Also We do not reset unless a game update somehow forces it. 

Server Busiest times are in US evening time. (10-20 players)

Edited by Paul Redeker
Updated server settings

Ping normally pretty decent even for people outside the US. But you won't know until you join up. Wiped on 26 August. But still lots of loot to be had.

Mods that I can think off the top of my head are

Hydro

ORGM

US Military Gear

Pump Power

More Buildings

Maps (I'll put one up after work)
Muld/WP/Dixie

New Denver

Bedford Falls

Non respawning locations (Admin drops of food and weapons occasionally)

Louisana

Dreadwood

Bedford

Downtown

TWD prison

Drayton

It's a small community currently so pretty friendly with small groups of people doing their own thing.  Loot is set to high currently for new players.  If the community grows larger then we'll adjust based on how the server dictates. Global chat is on.

Since it's a small community, the zed numbers are pretty high, but they are set to be weak Ammo and weapons are high to deal with population control when you get set.    And new spawns start out with a robust starter kit.  Large bag, survival axe, SRM Shotgun and box of MRE's.  General premise being it's several months after the apocalypse, so you should be a fairly well equipped survivor making your way into Knox County for whatever reason. 

No dictations on backstory or how you want to roleplay.  It all really depends on how large the community gets we'll go from there. Now it's just about getting a decent amount of numbers.  Probably around 10 regulars from all over the world.  I'd like to see it increase to 10 on at any given time.  If that happens, I will really start working on investing in events and other things.  Currently just helping new players learn the game when I'm on and maintaining the small safe zone in WP for said newbies.

Outside of the safe zone for new players I'd really like to see it be a fairly true apocalypse.  Up to the players to set the rules and enforce them. I'm the only admin so I'm certain no mod schenanigans are going on.  Learning the ropes too, I took over with little admin experience for commands, but I've had a few weeks to figure most of it out I think. Still trying to alter some of the things from the previous owners without crashing the server though.

Dead pixel edit.jpg

DEAD PIXELS.jpg

Edited by Paul Redeker

On 9/27/2016 at 7:02 PM, Cithanor said:

Hey Guys, Pann here from over at New Dawn. Wishing you all the best of luck with the server. I hear good things!

Thanks.  It's still a small community,  so no problems yet.  If it gets a growth spurt, that's when the problems will start I suppose. 

It is very cool so far: thank you for putting up a map of all the towns! I'm looking forward to playing on the server, although I'm still pondering the roleplay aspect.  May I  suggest getting the XBow mod? ;-) Seriously, it's a lot of fun, and a repeater crossbow can pretty much replace a shotgun. Admittedly, it will break a hell of a lot more often then a shotgun.

I forgot to write down the IP last night, and now I'm not seeing it in public servers. Is the server down or freakin' out in some way? 

Edited by wanderinbilly

5 minutes ago, wanderinbilly said:

It is very cool so far: thank you for putting up a map of all the towns! I'm looking forward to playing on the server, although I'm still pondering the roleplay aspect.  May I  suggest getting the XBow mod? ;-) Seriously, it's a lot of fun, and a repeater crossbow can pretty much replace a shotgun. Admittedly, it will break a hell of a lot more often then a shotgun.

I forgot to write down the IP last night, and now I'm not seeing it in public servers. Is the server down or freakin' out in some way? 

I'll look into adding the mod when I get home from work.  The server appears to be up, but I rebooted it just in case.

Ok, thank you: I'm in now! Very cool: I've been looking forward to this today. (My character has a mysterious sick moodle and might die but no biggie). I gotz plans!

The crossbow mod is cool but the XP is likely still a little jacked, i.e. you build a type of crossbow for the first time and you get lots of carpentry points, you make aluminum bolts and you get electrical xp, etc. I'd say it's biggest drawback is that you can get addicted to it and then when you're on another server you're kinda sad.

https://bitbucket.org/berupp/zomboid_xbow/wiki/Home

Open question to anyone on the server: is it a friendly place, or do I have to very wary of folks, and even cover my tracks/hide my base? 

1 hour ago, wanderinbilly said:

Ok, thank you: I'm in now! Very cool: I've been looking forward to this today. (My character has a mysterious sick moodle and might die but no biggie). I gotz plans!

The crossbow mod is cool but the XP is likely still a little jacked, i.e. you build a type of crossbow for the first time and you get lots of carpentry points, you make aluminum bolts and you get electrical xp, etc. I'd say it's biggest drawback is that you can get addicted to it and then when you're on another server you're kinda sad.

https://bitbucket.org/berupp/zomboid_xbow/wiki/Home

Open question to anyone on the server: is it a friendly place, or do I have to very wary of folks, and even cover my tracks/hide my base? 

It's a small community with a high of 10 people on usually late east coast US time.  It's a small enough community that there hasn't been any base raiding to my knowledge and very little pvp action outside of mercy killings.  But the population could increase in the future.  And that means griefers and bandits will come with increased activity.  So keep that in mind.   I do offer admin created safehouses in the WP safezone.  But I prefer to give them to inexperienced players learning the ropes of the game/MP.  They can still be killed but no one will be able to steal their hard earned stashes in their safehouse.

Good gods, West Point sounds absolutely insane. Has anyone traveled from Bedford to WP or vice versa?

It's not really that bad unless you go gun happy in the suburbs. That'll get you in some trouble if you don't know how to handle yourself.   I believe the overrunning of the HQ was due to whatever troll, I mean disgruntled survivor, has been bringing hordes on the safezone.  I got around to making that not work anymore without a lot of more investment.  And even then it will be way less effective.  So I think they've turned their attention to some easier downtown targets.

What is the rough growing time for crops? I had everything from cabbage to strawberries go rotten within 6 RL hours.  I'm all for a fast grow time, but I need some help not wasting seeds. =)

6 IRL hours?  The server is set up for 3 hour IRL is one day.   No way they go rotten that fast.  But I'll do some testing. 

And whoops, it's set for 1IRL hour is 1 day.  I'll change it tonight to 3IRL = 1 in game day. 

Edited by Paul Redeker