fps drop when zoom out

mccree

Question

20 answers to this question

This has very much to do with the lwjgl library.

i have downloaded copys of 35.19 for every system, mac, linux and windows. and tested in diferent computers to see how well the game run, and i got a case in wich a laptop with both windows and linux,  in windows i got no zoom in linux everything works fine.

The games runs smoother in windows than in linux but i get no zoom function, this is a quite old laptop with

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family graphics, lastest drivers.

In other laptop an i5 with HD3000 it runs smooth and consistent in both windows an linux, but when i try to record with obs i got the game slowered down.  (the older laptop was capable of recording without issues other than the zoom thing).

Finally i tested on a radeon, a computer with nvidia graphics card, and its pretty much about the relationship between the graphics driver and  the lwjgl library. i am guessing some kind of newer hw will have bizarre issues with graphics support.

You can also change your graphics settings, if it can help. I had mine on forced 60FPS, which was too high for my specs. Setting it down to forced 45FPS was enough to solve this.

(Now to make it clear: I wasn't experiencing a proper FPS drop, the game was actually going in slow-mo when I zoomed out too much)

1 hour ago, Teesee said:

You can also change your graphics settings, if it can help. I had mine on forced 60FPS, which was too high for my specs. Setting it down to forced 45FPS was enough to solve this.

(Now to make it clear: I wasn't experiencing a proper FPS drop, the game was actually going in slow-mo when I zoomed out too much)

same issue with all graphic settings. its a bug isnt it ?

22 minutes ago, mccree said:

same issue with all graphic settings. its a bug isnt it ?

Not really, it's just that integrated graphics can't handle the amount of computing and displaying necessary to do it. Most integrated cards also aren't capable to do more than their laptop displays native resolution (1366x768 in my case) because there's not enough bandwidth available for higher resolutions, so performance will crash even more.

Try lowering the resolution to your laptops native, use the 1x tileset and fix FPS to 30 and ligthting updates to recommended and try again.

17 minutes ago, blindcoder said:

Not really, it's just that integrated graphics can't handle the amount of computing and displaying necessary to do it. Most integrated cards also aren't capable to do more than their laptop displays native resolution (1366x768 in my case) because there's not enough bandwidth available for higher resolutions, so performance will crash even more.

Try lowering the resolution to your laptops native, use the 1x tileset and fix FPS to 30 and ligthting updates to recommended and try again.

formerly i can play this game without any fps drops with same pc. change resolution doesnt work too. i cant play this game without full zoom. fps is too low.

5 minutes ago, mccree said:

1 or 2 years

Yes, then it was before the sprites got a big overhaul, growing to 4 times their size, requiring more graphics card memory respectively.

You can select the 1x tileset in the options menu. That fixed the fps issue while zooming for my integrated graphics card.

1 hour ago, blindcoder said:

Yes, then it was before the sprites got a big overhaul, growing to 4 times their size, requiring more graphics card memory respectively.

You can select the 1x tileset in the options menu. That fixed the fps issue while zooming for my integrated graphics card.

i cant see this option what is tileset

Archived