Steam Beta Release - 07th Oct 2013 - Interim Build

lemmy101

Well, I guess it's time for PZ to go on ice for a few weeks...

seems that way.

i don't want to head back to 10 and beta is unplayable with the hordes knocking on my door after i hold up and not being able to build on the 2nd floor due to teleporting tiles(still no notes of a fix in next build :( ) I will be taking a vacation from the game as well. The Iso revolution has i assume halted fixing(or breaking) The hand held gps systems the zombies have to track the players. Its the way of Alpha so i am used to it by now.

Hey guys, I've encountered an issue that I think is unintended.

Zombies are invulnerable whilst standing on their feet. Before crawling was implemented, one-shot kills were occasionally possible. This is no longer the case, as zombies appear to have two 'states'.

The first state is the standing state. The second state is the prone state. 

Zombies cannot be killed by a charged attack, or a potential headshot. They are only able to be killed when lying down, playing dead, or crawling.

To test this, I modified the pistol damage to be 5,000. Tested the damage in-game, to find that I was correct, zombies are still alive until killed when they're prone.

To remedy this, there should be a percentage chance for a zombie to enter the prone state, instead of a guaranteed 100% chance. If the prone state wasn't there, it would simply be life or death. Because right now, it's life > prone life > death.

I hope this can be fixed. It ruins the immersion to see hordes of zombies all playing dead on the floor after I've shot them once each, to find they're still 'alive'

Downgrading doesn't sound like a option to me. "Build 2.9.9.17 Beta" still works. I was eager to see the teleporting hordes get fixed but that ain't happening for a while now is it?

*Sigh*

No, it's not happening for a while. Most of the effort is being put into the crippling performance issues re: conversion to 3D. Note, nothing about hordes was mentioned in the origin post of this thread. To expect it to be fixed in this version is . . . a bit confusing and off-topic.

If you've mistakenly downloaded this version of the game, thinking it'd work on a 32-bit system, the only thing you can do is change to an earlier beta (not the interim in other words), download version 16, play the Desura build, or circumvent the exe and replace the applicable dll files.

No, it's not happening for a while. Most of the effort is being put into the crippling performance issues re: conversion to 3D. Note, nothing about hordes was mentioned in the origin post of this thread. To expect it to be fixed in this version is . . . a bit confusing and off-topic.

If you've mistakenly downloaded this version of the game, thinking it'd work on a 32-bit system, the only thing you can do is change to an earlier beta (not the interim in other words), download version 16, play the Desura build, or circumvent the exe and replace the applicable dll files.

I was under the impression that zombie spawning was being tweaked in every build. I figured it is redacted off of the update list. My bad for the confusion, I guess. (I think I saw that in the hot thread "zombie spawning might need some work")

No-no, I didn't download it by mistake, I deliberately tried it just for the kicks and to provide feedback. All I needed to do was go back in the Betas menu in Steam, select the Beta build and voila, works just like before after a small download.

Next, you Linux folk!

I may have misunderstood this, but if this was meant to be 'Tell us if it works on your machine' here it goes;

Working on (Arch)Linux x86_64, Laptop with AMD APU A8-4500M (graphics AMD HD7640G); 8GB DDR3-1600.

This is the first Steam build that works for me- after doing the 'usual lwjgl stuff' (removing the respective libs from the game's main folder and linking to my system's ones) and disabling the shaders (due to integrated graphics?).

Regarding the problem with the lwjgl-libs, why do I still have to do this?

Actually, I reinstalled PZ through Steam before posting because I was not sure if I had already done it this time or not, as I am that much used to do it (I believe in every build since 0.2.0q).

We're working on framerate issues now.

:-)  Nice (I do have slight issues too)

Sweet i figured the download was taken down with steam. I feel bad using that link because it costs them money. I can wait for the release on steam.  I may have sounded disappointed but im not. I completely understand why the issues are being worked on in the order they are.

We're working on framerate issues now.

Chin up Lemmy you guys are doing a great job. Just take it as a complement. People love your game so much They want to play it NOW :)