Steam Beta Release - 07th Oct 2013 - Interim Build

lemmy101

- Character window blinking whenever you attempt to highlight name letters/press backspace to delete them. (Shown in video)

- UI scroll at the bottom is a little bugged (Shown in video)

- At the start of the game, instead of (or maybe right after) "loading texturepack" you are presented with yellow/orange strange letters on black background. (Couldn't capture with neither F12 or Fraps)

- Russian translation - "Reload difficulty" window is offset higher than it's supposed to be (overlayed with other menu UI) (No screenshot)

- So far encountered 1 crash after playing the build - ran the game for about 10 minutes, going through inventory and changing the house. Occured randomly, no error/console messages.

- Not sure if intended - whenever you start the "Survival" (Didn't test with others yet) and go to the "Name your world" page, you get a long "date" format already written in the name. If you delete, and replace it with your own, further exiting out of this window and re-entering saves the custom name. Did not check if restart fixes this yet.

EDIT : Whoever merged the thread with this post - THANKS!

Edit 2 : ^ RoboMat

whats going on with this build ?

are there bugfixes included like infinite ammo fix etc

or is it "just" 3d geomentry stuff ?

There is no 3d stuff in here. It is the stuff that was announced in the other upcoming thread ... basically it is a "bridge" build between the last release and the 3d release. So interim as "in before the 3d stuff".

-The Spanish translation of info/skill/health menu

http://i40.tinypic.com/29o3b6r.jpg

^ Same with Russian translation. :P Might have to do with the name lenght of the panels.

EDIT :

- Russian translation - "Reload difficulty" window is offset higher than it's supposed to be (overlayed with other menu UI) (No screenshot)

2013-10-07_00002_zps134ebc17.jpg

At the start it's located normally, but when you click to change it, it goes up like this.

EDIT #2 : YES! Managed to capture the "weird font on startup" thing. had to spam F12 like crazy.

2013-10-07_00003_zps33610418.jpg

-Not load previous saved games

-No zoom function

-Skill books only give x3 multiplier

- Can you post the error when you load the save ? You sure you didn't have mod enabled and now you don't have it ?

- We know for zoom, it'll be back with 3D.

- It's normal, now books give more multipler for later levels.

- Not really a bug because it's still in English... Will try to see why.

-Not load previous saved games

-No zoom function

-Skill books only give x3 multiplier

- Can you post the error when you load the save ? You sure you didn't have mod enabled and now you don't have it ?

- We know for zoom, it'll be back with 3D.

- It's normal, now books give more multipler for later levels.

- Not really a bug because it's still in English... Will try to see why.

When I try to load an old game, I have an infinite black screen.

http://gyazo.com/ed0ca2f4ca999412ef98d34705a0b06b

Can't get into the game.. the loading screens show up but when the game should load there is a black screen of death until i eventually click all over and the game finally crashes.  The music does change as though you entered the game.

(tried starting new world several times)

sadly it seem cant play that its crash as soon i try give u the error all exist and bye u need add logger to output this console to a txt file i hope u will stable this build i love this game lol

No one can understand you, if you type like this.

UPDATE:

Hey just wanted to update the devs, I had a problem a couple weeks ago with 64 bit intel graphics ( http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1781-steam-version-game-crashes-2-5-sec-after-startup/ )

just wanted to let you know the new beta build in steam is working, i can finally play  :-D

That's great news! Have fun :)

So I flipped to the interim 64 bit only beta, but got the exact same memory error I had before on my MacBook, crash before the game actually starts (post 'This is How You Died').  So I can't really judge on the 32bit v 64bit issue.

I think I can support 64bit though:

$ java -d64 -versionjava version "1.6.0_51"Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_51-b11-457-11M4509)Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.51-b01-457, mixed mode)