54 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be...

• A 90s civil war senario
    • An eternal winter/ice age
    • Global warming burned the world
    • EMP
    • Plague
    • Other

Assuming TIS does deliver on all features and are not all burnt out by the genre they should make DLC of different settings for the Zombies (different location, different lore, different stories, different time period) and release additional features with them.

Think Deadworlds in the All Flesh Must be Eaten RPG if you are familiar with it.    

For example a spaceship of raccoon type humanoid that had a malfunction with their Portal Actuation Warpway System crash in the zombie infected Atlanta in 1995 (2 year post infection).  Radiation from their ship cause mutation in the zombies, but thanks to their superior intellect and finding the initial samples that were collected at the CDC they might just be able to find a cure and then material to repair their ship.  Their marine squad of the Special Intelligence Fighting Force Operation would lead the way in countering the zombie threat.   There might be outnumbered 100,000 to 1 but nothing stops the SPIFFOs... 

That way they could continue developing and making one of the best zombie game on the market while developing other type of assets and scripts in other different settings that could also be used for other types of games.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the ones listed in the poll. These can all be mods (or DLC) for the game when it's complete, because they are all the same survival game premise, but without zombies and with another threat added to the game. I think it would be a waste of resources to develop any one of these after making something like Zomboid. It's the survival sandbox game to end all survival sandbox games.

Edited by BayCon

17 hours ago, vanorfeadiel said:

Assuming TIS does deliver on all features and are not all burnt out by the genre they should make DLC of different settings for the Zombies (different location, different lore, different stories, different time period) and release additional features with them.

Think Deadworlds in the All Flesh Must be Eaten RPG if you are familiar with it.    

For example a spaceship of raccoon type humanoid that had a malfunction with their Portal Actuation Warpway System crash in the zombie infected Atlanta in 1995 (2 year post infection).  Radiation from their ship cause mutation in the zombies, but thanks to their superior intellect and finding the initial samples that were collected at the CDC they might just be able to find a cure and then material to repair their ship.  Their marine squad of the Special Intelligence Fighting Force Operation would lead the way in countering the zombie threat.   There might be outnumbered 100,000 to 1 but nothing stops the SPIFFOs... 

That way they could continue developing and making one of the best zombie game on the market while developing other type of assets and scripts in other different settings that could also be used for other types of games.

I thought about this. I would hate it if they added DLC for zombie settings, lore, and stories, but I would gladly buy DLC that adds a whole new time period and/or map to the game! A zombie apocalypse in the 1800's would be so crazy. Imagine finding abandoned slave plantations... They could tell some dark stories with that setting alone. 

Or the 60's!

Now, I really don't like the DLC found in most of today's games, but I know that TIS would give us great value for our money, and I would love to support them more.

Edited by BayCon

Yes that's the type of things I had in mind as well and what I mean't.  I just created my example to play with Spiffo from the PAWS movie (in game lore), not to suggest that specific story as the next one that should be developed..

But the possibilities are endless, go back to the Dark Age where the Black Plague was the Death Plague.

Create a sci-fi game where the zombie virus are invading nanites that extract iron from red blood cell to reproduce and take control of the brain.

Body Snatching Aliens.

Or the ones you suggested.

All could use the basic building bloc of animation, survival, movement, 3d sound, VOIP develop by TIS and introduce new map, new lore and new gameplay effect. 

Say the nanites, come following a series of EMP blast in the sci-fi city.  You find out they were release by eco-terrorist who want to reset things.   The nanites can detect uninfected human by the electrical emission produce by their brain.  If a human moves to an area with an high amount of active electrical devices they would become hidden from the zombies.

The possible permutation are only limited by imagination and competing priorities for TIS development time ;-)...

So that's what I had in mind when I meant new settings.

I wasn't suggested DLCs of:

Let's add premium channel content to the in-game television and charge that as a DLC; or

Let's add a monocle for characters in game.  People are going to be willing to throw money for a monocle in Project Zomboid.  After all it would reduce the penalty of Short Sighted by half... :evil:

I'm really not worry about TIS doing things like that anyway.

Next game?  I'll be lucky if I see this one finish in my life time.

Seriously I've been waiting for NPCs and Cars for many years now. :-D

I suggest a freemium game because why make a good game like this one when you can spend 6 months making the game and make $1,000,000 in the first few days after release due to addictive personalities with too much disposable income buying useless items for $15 a pop.

Id love to see a Medieval type game. Fantasy or not. But I think it would be awesome , keep the isometric view and graphics look.

Swords and shields and armor. Castle building etc. Basically the framework is already done!! lol just slip a new coat a paint on pz and remove the guns and give the zombies armor!

Be kinda like Ultima Online but with a pz flair.

A prison survival game. This is your sentence. This is how you served it. Battle the CO's, other inmates, politics, gangs, personal demons and depression. Try to learn new skills and stay off drugs. Build a shiv in shop class. Get a tatoo. Prisons in America suck balls, and only a few even know anything about it. 

Similar to my Homelessness game idea, a 'real-world' game that would have value in classrooms or other educational settings. Let's do good!