1. 1. Should it be...

• A 90s civil war senario
    • An eternal winter/ice age
    • Global warming burned the world
    • EMP
    • Plague
    • Other

On 12/09/2016 at 6:16 PM, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

Well I mean a isometric rpg similar to morrowind in terms of skills in the same sort of style that pz has, But next time they need to make the game fully 3D so you can have very detailed environments with hills and such.

THIS!!   altho i enjoy Skyrim, Morrowind is one of the most immersive and deep games of all time and Bethesda have just been watering the franchise down ever since.  Isometric, Fallout 1 and 2 style, fantasy stuff would be awesome. If done right.   Anyway i would also support anything TIS do in the future just on the basis of hundreds of PZ hours.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/12/2016 at 4:33 AM, GOGOblin said:

I think, considering experience and an engine of PZ, it should be some survival game, but in a "psycho"-world, maybe some sort of hell. With a little connection to reality, something like half-destroyed buildings,  burnt cities, dead trees, odd ruins, odd plants.  Like "McGee Alice" or "Vangers", but in the scale of PZ and a big surviving part. Taking best parts from "Don't Starve" and nowdays "PZ".

If it's some kind of hell, would there be demons running about? If post apocalyptic, then mutants?  :-D  As for the EMP apocalypse idea, the Kripke show "Revolution" did a great job of portraying a similar world. I am not sure why civil war would be set in the 90s as opposed to early 21st century. =(   I'm really liking the idea of a fantasy medieval survival game.

Edited by wanderinbilly

On 9/12/2016 at 11:43 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

I just hope whatever it is allows us to put the specter of realism and simulation to bed, so that we can focus more on gameplay than mirroring real life.

And perhaps something less violent, that doesn't involve constantly maiming the human form. Going sci-fi could be fun.

Also, no Java.

No. Java.

Something like a campy B-movie sci-fi? That'd be fun to do, even if it isn't a great commercial success. The more audascious the idea, the better! :)

I would very much like a game like stonehearth, timber and stone, gnomoria, etc.

with the NPC system being explained as is I think their spin on it could be amazing, build your town and have a map you can expand by exploring it (getting more land for your city or having another town set up so you can manage 2) then run into goblin fortresses, NPC cities, wizard towers, etc. I think that indie stone may be the only ones capable of doing this.

so basically a fantasy town building RPG (each townie has levels of different skills) with map exploration and actual NPC towns and random encounters that do their own thing.

p.s. Imagine sending your cartographer into the edge of the map to expand it and you find this small NPC village, you play for a few hours and you look back and you see this big town with walls..... Would be awesome

EDIT: time would be roman era or medieval era imho

Edited by Sooner535

I had an idea to use a fully fleshed out PZ as a sim for Homelessness. Many of the features are already there, and NPC's could be modded to live normal lives. Just drop the zombies of course. 

This would be a great resource for educating people about homelessness in America. With so many survival elements available, I think this would be a fantastic leaning tool.

Make a challenge to just survive a week perhaps. Try to get enough to eat, find a place to sleep and avoid getting arrested.  I think this would have great value educationally and could be used in schools.

Edited by explorator

3 minutes ago, explorator said:

I had an idea to use a fully fleshed out PZ as a sim for Homelessness. Many of the features are already there, and NPC's could be modded to just live normal lives. Just drop the zombies of course. 

This would be a great resource for educating people about homelessness in America. With so many survival elements available, I think this would be a fantastic leaning tool.

Make a challenge to just survive a week perhaps. Try to get enough to eat, find a place to sleep and avoid getting arrested.  I think this would have great value educationally and could be used in schools.

I don't know if that would really be a fun game, Zomboid is already what you want just no npc's. (Yet)

Edited by xXSly_WolfyXx

I would love a Fallout 1 type game. Fallout 4 was the death of Fallout for me, after playing F1 and seeing the care in F3 and NV, then the poor quality of F4 I'm gutted.

They already have experience with an isometric game. Why not step back, and enjoy making a turn-based wasteland, not about zombies with interesting characters, loads of quests etc...

Edited by MadDan2013

13 minutes ago, MadDan2013 said:

I would love a Fallout 1 type game. Fallout 4 was the death of Fallout for me, after playing F1 and seeing the care in F3 and NV, then the poor quality of F4 I'm gutted.

They already have experience with an isometric game. Why not step back, and enjoy making a turn-based wasteland, not about zombies with interesting characters, loads of quests etc...

That would be amazing, But isn't that pretty much wasteland 1, 2, And 3?

18 minutes ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

That would be amazing, But isn't that pretty much wasteland 1, 2, And 3?

I haven't played them, might try them out, though. I think it's hard to capture the feeling of the game. I wouldn't like them to be Fallout. It's rare to find a game, I feel at least, that can do what Fallout 1 did to me. And I only played it for the first time in 2015. Found Fallout 2 a little harder to get into for some reason. 

It came out my birth year, so I felt obligated after getting so much into F3 and NV. :P

Actually surprised a few games came out on my birthdate. Rarely would a game release on the 1st of January nowadays.

Wow! This has gotten bigger than I thought it would! I'm thinking of making a version 2 of this thread, due to the majority liking other. I was htinking of having these sections:

Apocalyptic

Fantasy

Horror

Science Fiction

War

Other

If you think other sections should be included, let me know. I'm probably going to make this new thread next week.

There are a number of ways to categorize a potential second game. First, you have the...theme(?), the categories you have here ( fantasy, war, etc) But, there are other aspects of a game that are equally important. A fantasy game can alternate between "real time" and turn based play ( like the final fantasy games) or alternate between First and tactical third person like the old box d&d games or age of wonders. Or you can have the same perspective when both exploreing and in combat modes, like morrowind or baldurs gate (or project zomboid). Alternatively, you can keep the same perspective, but enable a turn based ' tactical mode' for combat while exploration is done ' in real time' like wasteland 2 or silent storm. Alternatively, it can be ' mission based', where one chooses where to go and then enters a tactical map masterfully done in warhammer 10,000 chaos gate.

Any of these can be excellent if done right. The way i see it, there are at least three basic aspects to a game ( though, I could easily be missing something. Also, I'm not pretending that these are completely independent, but they are distinguishable):

The theme: fantasy, war, post apocalyptic, etc.

The Perspective: Basically, the "view": first person, isometric, 3dish ( like neverwinter nights), tactical with a more overhead view and trending to go with a turn based gameplay, etc. Can be more than one if a perspective change is part of the engine (e.g. an exploration mode that is 1st person, but a tactical screen for combat).

Real time vs turn based: with or without a transition (e.g. real time exploration with turn based combat)

Maybe a fourth, but i don't have a clear conception of it: gameplay(?). Basically, sticking with the fantasy theme, you can have a purely linear game or an open world ( or something in between). You might role up your character or party, or you might be told:"you are grok, the last knight of Gaa. These are your stats and abilities. You might have more or less control over the outcome: interaction with npcs can be movie like, where everybody always says the same thing--my description makes it sound lame, this can be excellent if done right--or you might control ( more or less) everything your character says and does.

They need to make something with low development time, easy to maintain, that will give them a little 'reliable steady' income for 4-5 years.
I'm thinking Mobile/ipad game or heavy dlc with little features.'
Arcade / Shooter / car / sports game.

They have spent to many years on PZ as their major title as it is. :\

Edited by ocoini