54 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be...

• A 90s civil war senario
    • An eternal winter/ice age
    • Global warming burned the world
    • EMP
    • Plague
    • Other

Knowing the background of some TIS people with platform (PAWS anyone?), I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a 2D platformer. Now, the challenge is... how to turn an old game concept into an attractive one, without the use of any knights, shovels, jackrabbits nor turtles? Hummmm...

Edited by Teesee

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may sound selfish but i really like long indie projects like this that keeps shaping better and better and wish that this will continue on forever :p. Rather than making many games i think its better to focus and improve on one. This however will need to be balanced by a marketing scheme that will keep the devs also receive good revenue. So like maybe after 1.0 is released then they can make 2.0 which will have more gameplay replayability (not saying that currently is not got good replayability i have spent many hours on this game and suffered no less than 20 deaths) but i mean maybe add 2x the amt of zombie alternative and options like (i am legend zombies and maybe even other content that might be said to be not applicable like introducing children and added quests and many more options. And sell it as "Zomboid Reanimated" so like this new version of zomboid will include all the new benefits but will sell for 50% off to previous zomboid owners. 

3 hours ago, Kuren said:

When I say leaving us, I mean us in the PZ world. They'll of course still be a part of TIS but most of them wont be working on PZ from what I've gathered. As you even stated they'll be moving on to "Game #2"

Well, it's kinda sad, but I imagine if/when TIS announces the second game most of the community would be hyped for second one, coz PZ is so successful and it's their first game.

And, if someone will still with PZ, it'll have support. It'll, probably, have some minor updates things. #Optimistic_monday.

On a serious note (contrary to my post before) I'd kill for some PZ style game (depth, isometric) but set on some allien planet with fully in-depth biology, etc... Or as @xXSly_WolfyXx  suggested, an iso metric game, rpg, set in medieval times, like 'skyrim' but I'd want a bit darker tale here. TIS could become THE company for iso metric games :P

18 minutes ago, Rocco36 said:

On a serious note (contrary to my post before) I'd kill for some PZ style game (depth, isometric) but set on some allien planet with fully in-depth biology, etc... Or as @xXSly_WolfyXx  suggested, an iso metric game, rpg, set in medieval times, like 'skyrim' but I'd want a bit darker tale here. TIS could become THE company for iso metric games :P

Oh man, I do like the idea of an isometric Starbound. But yeah a really in depth medieval rpg would be so amazing, Heavy armor/Light armor skills...I'm drooling at the possibilities.

I dont understand all that hate for @GOGOblin  I like TIS team but lets make it clear: that are slow with development. They are making a great game but most of the player expect bigger and more frequent updates. I can wait, I dont care much but most of the issues pointed by @GOGOblin are accurate and true. Supporting a company doesnt mean to be blind on all those issues.

No bact to the main topic. IMO TIS should stick with PZ way beyond 1.0

This game so far is the only "most realistic post-apocalypse survival", Only Zombie game with real hordes. They can upgrade PZ to legendary status if they keep adding features.

1 hour ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

Oh man, I do like the idea of an isometric Starbound. But yeah a really in depth medieval rpg would be so amazing, Heavy armor/Light armor skills...I'm drooling at the possibilities.

This is actually being done by a small indie studio from the Eastern countries, iirc. But I can't remember both the studio and game names. It's basically a full 3D realistic medieval rpg, very promising, hard to compete with ^_^

And for all those hoping for a post 1.0 support, I have seen it stated by staff members. TIS will not simply release PZ and leave it as it is, some devs will keep an eye on it. 

2 minutes ago, Teesee said:

This is actually being done by a small indie studio from the Eastern countries, iirc. But I can't remember both the studio and game names. It's basically a full 3D realistic medieval rpg, very promising, hard to compete with ^_^

And for all those hoping for a post 1.0 support, I have seen it stated by staff members. TIS will not simply release PZ and leave it as it is, some devs will keep an eye on it. 

Well I mean a isometric rpg similar to morrowind in terms of skills in the same sort of style that pz has, But next time they need to make the game fully 3D so you can have very detailed environments with hills and such.

21 minutes ago, Zorak said:

They can upgrade PZ to legendary status if they keep adding features.

Can't agree, adding features is good when the basis is stout and beautiful. The most bitter thing about PZ is that it is stated to be realistic and some very nice things are implemented, but all "realistic" systems are pretty odd. And noone seems to care. And those oddities effect the gameplay: the horror game becomes less horror, the simulator becomes less simulator.

We don't often police topics here, but to be clear, the next person to go off topic will receive a formal warning, and their post will be removed. If you want to complain about the dev pace, there's threads for that, and it's been heavily heavily discussed. This thread is not about PZ, it's about PZ+1. Obviously, TIS will not start work on PZ+1 till PZ has hit version 1.0.

(edit: this wasn't aimed at you, @GOGOblin, I started writing it before you replied ;))

Edit edit: To be clear, if you post offtopic, about PZ in this thread, you will receive a formal warning, or we'll ask you to remove your post. PZ+1: post here! PZ, including discussions about what is involved in PZ hitting version 1.0, not here for now, thanks :)

Just now, kirrus said:

We don't often police topics here, but to be clear, the next person to go off topic will receive a formal warning, and their post will be removed. If you want to complain about the dev pace, there's threads for that, and it's been heavily heavily discussed. This thread is not about PZ, it's about PZ+1. Obviously, TIS will not start work on PZ+1 till PZ has hit version 1.0.

Wow, as kirrus said, this is getting outta hand guys! I just wanted to know what the PZ community would like the next game to be about.

Alright, ultimately I'd go out on a limb and say that I'd support any future project, even if it isn't my style of game, because ultimately a bankrupt studio produces no future games. Knowing how burnt out people get from doing the same thing day in and day out, I'd be surprised if they did anything in the horror genre. And knowing how heavy this development has been, probably something that will be smaller in scope.  I'm personally fond of fantasy, both in space and in ages past. If The Indie Stone wanted to continue in the grain of putting their own spin on things, they could move into ancient history, and maybe put a spin on a lesser used time and place. Places like Rome, Ancient Greece (Athens, Sparta, etc), Egypt, and such are heavily used and as a result aren't exactly "fresh" material. Sure, one could argue that neither was the zombie apocalypse, but it wasn't near the mainstream attraction it is today when PZ was started.

Project Zomboid as a whole is one giant "what if", so maybe a game in that line of thinking.

21 hours ago, Rocco36 said:

Hey, they could rename themselves The Isometric Stone and it wouldn't change the acronym!

They need to make an Isometric cyberpunk game in a world were hacking and technology and awesome guns and shamanistic magic exist and it takes place in the future where there is also elves and orcs and dragons.  You can level up your character and hack security systems and gain skill points and complete random missions around various towns from mob bosses or conspiracy black op organizations.   

Anyone else play Shadowrun on Sega Genesis? :D  It was so freaking awesome.  I'd love a new Isometric game like that.    Yes I know about the new Shadowruns on PC and no I'm not really a fan of the gameplay style. I own them and they just don't pull me in.  They just aren't as fun as Shadowrun on Sega was.   I would kill for a new game like that.  

6 hours ago, Zargo1z said:

They need to make an Isometric cyberpunk game in a world were hacking and technology and awesome guns and shamanistic magic exist and it takes place in the future where there is also elves and orcs and dragons.  You can level up your character and hack security systems and gain skill points and complete random missions around various towns from mob bosses or conspiracy black op organizations.   

Anyone else play Shadowrun on Sega Genesis? :D  It was so freaking awesome.  I'd love a new Isometric game like that.    Yes I know about the new Shadowruns on PC and no I'm not really a fan of the gameplay style. I own them and they just don't pull me in.  They just aren't as fun as Shadowrun on Sega was.   I would kill for a new game like that.  

I kinda like this idea! Something like Raze but isometric and a little less combat based would be amazing!