• EMP
    • Plague
    • Other

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

I would really like to see a fantasy medieval rpg similar to elder scrolls but isometric, I feel like they will drift way from games like project zomboid though considering how hard it is to make and how long it takes.

All you'd really have to do in the EMP for example, is take out the zombies, maybe add some more starting npcs, make it so right off the bat no power, and have the cars be essentially metal blocks on wheels.

Whatever they want.

On a side note, if I was working on a post apocalyptic zombie game for as long as they are my next game would be about kittens, puppies and happiness, I would definitely not even touch another post apoc game concept for years and even if, I'd probably go with a DLC/Expansion to what I already have. That's just me though.

They could make a nice little game based around Spiffo because if there ever was a mascot character more deserving of a game of his own, it's that guy.

I'd of course love to see more PZ content developed forever :D Or even a PZ 2! lol, But we all know that's not happening in the foreseeable future :P

But in all honesty I think it would be interesting if they took some of the foundations of PZ and turned it in to a completely new type of game, maybe an RPG like others have mentioned, as PZ NPC levels of intelligence would be amazing in any RPG I'm sure :)

All that being said, I'm just really happy some of the team will stick with PZ for a while. With all the heat the game has taken during it's road to 1.0 it deserves some love when things cool down after that :)

1 hour ago, kirrus said:

a few Indiestone devs may still be working on the game as long as it's selling, it's a disparate team!

This is something I will forever be happy about :)

It drives me crazy when people complain about the game not being 100% done yet... I don't ever want it to be done. TIS is the best dev team ever and they've given us so much throughout this Alpha/Beta. I hate (and that's a strong word, I know) that children have demoralized some of the devs to the point that they can't wait to get away!

This team is amazing and it will be a sad day when 1.0 comes and half of them leave us...

1 minute ago, GOGOblin said:

Hmm, you've made calculations based on average lifespan? :evil:

If this is a joke, I don't get it... Sorry.

I'm talking about how only a few of the team will most likely stick around after 1.0. The rest have already stated their excitement to leave once 1.0 hits because of all the abuse from impatient/demanding people they've taken over the years. Not a laughing matter imho.

I'd vote for a medieval type game maybe featuring a wizard's tampering with dark forces opening a portal for a demon assault, armed with swords, axes, crossbows, etc, you have to try to survive the demon hordes and build a fortress, look for survivors, farmers, smiths, furriers, other knights for bodyguards, or heirs, that you can switch between and level them up, maybe each with their own special ability, so death doesn't mean a complete loss, etc.  Eventually you bring the fight to them and take down every demon encampment you see, until you reach the portal and close it, then you have to do cleanup of the remaining demon hordes.  Something like that. 

Either way, I think the team has done a great job and i commend their persistence in delivering this game through setbacks, and upheavals from the community.

9 minutes ago, Kuren said:

after 1.0

I do not know when 1.0 occurs, will it be after animations and NPC are added? It will take a lot of time to add those things and to bring the game to some finished state.

11 minutes ago, Kuren said:

impatient/demanding people they've taken over the years

Well, they promised a lot, without a solid official  time plan.. Ofc people decided they will make it all and in no time.

2 minutes ago, GOGOblin said:

I do not know when 1.0 occurs, will it be after animations and NPC are added?

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/06/march-to-1-0/

That is when 1.0 occurs. And by the sound of things they want to get there as quickly as they can after animations hit. It may be another year, it may be 2. But 1.0 is coming and some great devs will be leaving us when it does...

6 minutes ago, GOGOblin said:

I do not know when 1.0 occurs, will it be after animations and NPC are added? It will take a lot of time to add those things and to bring the game to some finished state.

Well, they promised a lot, without a solid official  time plan.. Ofc people decided they will make it all and in no time.

They've got a solid time plan, internally. Things have slipped, things have run into unexpected roadblocks, but there is a plan. It's not publicized much because.. experience states publicizing it is a Very Bad Idea.

Devs won't be leaving through, they'll just move to Game #2 :)

1 minute ago, kirrus said:

Devs won't be leaving through, they'll just move to Game #2 :)

When I say leaving us, I mean us in the PZ world. They'll of course still be a part of TIS but most of them wont be working on PZ from what I've gathered. As you even stated they'll be moving on to "Game #2"

Just now, kirrus said:

experience states publicizing it is a Very Bad Idea

Especially promises. 

Lets take a look:  http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/06/march-to-1-0/

2014-2016 - for now no NPCs,, no animations, no hunting, no cars. No eadable sugar. That's natural that some players are pissed off.  Not mentioning foraging and cooking that are really raw.

14 minutes ago, GOGOblin said:

Especially promises. 

Lets take a look:  http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/06/march-to-1-0/

2014-2016 - for now no NPCs,, no animations, no hunting, no cars. No eadable sugar. That's natural that some players are pissed off.  Not mentioning foraging and cooking that are really raw.

Are you really turning this into a whine thread about how you've waited too long and how you want more little features added before the big features you want added right now as well? You bought an early access game, most take this long if not longer and have way less features added to them. I'm not sure what your point is here other than you want to complain and be the champion of impatient people around the world but I wish you would be more understanding of what goes into game development if you're going to buy an early access game like PZ.

Edited by Kuren

21 minutes ago, Kuren said:

I wish you would be more understanding of what goes into game development if your going to buy an early access game like PZ.

I'm not a game developer, thats right. I'm not even a programmer. But I never asked for adding something, only fixing what is already done.

21 minutes ago, Kuren said:

the champion of impatient people

I'm patient. You better read Steam comments if you want to meet impatient ones. I never posted anything like: " Please add this, add this, where da NPCs? add this.  and cars too."     But I'm sometimes really disappointed with what I see: things implemented upside-down (like building or sleeping) or have a detailed part and a completely raw part (like cooking and foraging).  

Oh, yes, back to topic, I mentioned those strange things to clear my point of view: it will take time to make PZ really 1.0 even without additions from 2014 blog issue. 

Edited by GOGOblin

5 minutes ago, GOGOblin said:

I'm not a game developer, thats right. I'm not even a programmer. But I never asked for adding something, only fixing what is already done.

I'm patient. You better read Steam comments if you want to meet impatient ones. I never posted anything like: " Please add this, add this, where da NPCs? add this.  and cars too."     But I'm sometimes really disappointed with what I see: things implemented upside-down (like building or sleeping) or have a detailed part and a completely raw part (like cooking and foraging).  

Oh, yes, back to topic, I mentioned those strange things to clear my point of view: it will take time to make PZ really 1.0 even without additions from 2014 blog issue. 

We've been over this before with you, at serious length, GOGOblin. Please drop this subject here and get back on topic.

3 minutes ago, kirrus said:

drop this subject

Ok, sorry.

Back to OP-post then:

I think, considering experience and an engine of PZ, it should be some survival game, but in a "psycho"-world, maybe some sort of hell. With a little connection to reality, something like half-destroyed buildings,  burnt cities, dead trees, odd ruins, odd plants.  Like "McGee Alice" or "Vangers", but in the scale of PZ and a big surviving part. Taking best parts from "Don't Starve" and nowdays "PZ".