Multi communication : Openable mailbox, Record sound...

arkahys

Hi, Your work on this game is awesome. i search on other suggestions before, but found nothing, sorry if i talk about a thing an other time.
I post electricity and plumbing separated to not to shuffle discuss.

• Openable mailbox (type container/bag) Implemented(plant on a crossroad with letter to be find by survivors or for "village" communication)
  • Record and play sound (Mic) with tape player or phone. add to transmitter radio to diffuse audio message.

On 22/06/2014 at 1:48 AM, SOME TYPE OF BADASS said:

Borrowing from the game Urban dead.. I think it would be cool to be able to examine players and be given a back story/description that said players created for themselves.

The examine feature could also give valueable information. What items they have equipped, what moodles are affecting them, how much they are weighed down.

• infos/menu on other players, already discussed but : 

"visible items" on mouse over (cloth, bag, handed and apparent wounds or infection)

exchange (and whisper chat) window

• capacity to bite players when infected

All  opinions and comments are welcomes !

Edited by arkahys

Hey man, first of all welcome to the forums:)! Second, these are pretty good ideas.

2 hours ago, arkahys said:

Hi, Your work on this game is awesome. i search on other suggestions before, but found nothing, sorry if i talk about a thing an other time.
I post electricity and plumbing separated to not to shuffle discuss.

• Openable mailbox (type container/bag) (plant on a crossroad with letter to be find by survivors or for "village" communication)

Sounds like a great idea for multiplayer, and would come in handy once npcs come about.

Record and play sound (Mic) with tape player or phone. add to transmitter radio to diffuse audio message

Nice, love this! It would also be cool if you could have video cameras and the possibility of VCRs.

"visible items" on mouse over (cloth, bag, handed and apparent wounds or infection)

exchange (and whisper chat) window

The new update will add something like this. It'll ad overlays showing people wounds and other various fashion problems.

capacity to bite players when infected

Seems like a cool idea, but would probably be a sandbox option.

All in all, great stuff man. But for future reference more specific topics get you better results.

On 10/09/2016 at 1:14 AM, TheWraithPlayer said:

All in all, great stuff man. But for future reference more specific topics get you better results.

yeah, i redefined topics...

On 10/09/2016 at 1:14 AM, TheWraithPlayer said:

Nice, love this! It would also be cool if you could have video cameras and the possibility of VCRs.

some prerecorded media and folders video and audio in /$user/zomboid, this files could be  find ingame randomly on CD (or tapes, saw a mod on this).

On two-way radio transmit "real mic" or "inGame audioplayer". 

inGame audioplayer :
- tape player send an audio media
- CD player open a playlist as an inventory displaying audio files on CD with dragable for arrangement, then allow "24/7 complex radio station, simply integrated"

Same for video.

radio.png

yeah, i redefined topics...

some prerecorded media and folders video and audio in /$user/zomboid, this files could be  find ingame randomly on CD (or tapes, saw a mod on this).

On two-way radio transmit "real mic" or "inGame audioplayer". 

inGame audioplayer :
- tape player send an audio media
- CD player open a playlist as an inventory displaying audio files on CD with dragable for arrangement, then allow "24/7 complex radio station, simply integrated"

Same for video.

radio.png

I think I saw the mod your talking about, but i personally prefer to use only what's in vanilla game.